Security Installer Community

Conxtd App

How many times have I told you to buy an Apple ... ha ha

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Now you know I have to remain neutral and impartial, so that wasn't fair...

You could have said a RedCARE I suppose?

Anyone remember them?

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

8 hours ago, jimcarter said:

I'll send some detail through to you but essentially, the installer provides us with the Camera make, fixed IP of camera and the SIA event that will be the trigger.

Support will then set up remotely (either at or post install).

So sia event from the intruder? Like system open? 

Ive seen the demo of your office 

Correct. SIA is split into a number of "bundles" such as Intruder, Fire, Temperature, Gas etc.

From here the user can select which alarms will trigger a notification, so an Open, Close, Intruder or Fire for example can be selected. 

It's worth noting that as long as the panel or even our SPT on hardwire pins is signalling a SIA event, then it will be supported on CONXTD. So you can have a very old panel on hardwire only using the service. Also, CONXTD supports multiple sites connected to a mixture of panels. 

The user can invite other users to view their systems, so if a relative was to go on holiday they could invite you to keep an eye on their system whilst they are away. It would not matter that their panel is different to yours, it's still supported through the platform.

If you think of the multi site scenario, a client with more than one premises (say a small chain of retail outlets) can view all their systems on one App and it would not matter whether they had all the same panel or a mixture of say, Texecom, Galaxy and Scantronic.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

9 hours ago, jimcarter said:

Windows based phones are via the browser rather than the App James. I'll ask if there are any plans though.

So other kit other than iOS and Android could be supported? Do the features of the browser differ to the apps?

No plans for an API?

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I don't do whats popular I do whats best

Ding

Yes, outside of Android and Apple it's via the browser. The features are the same for both. 

In respect of API, yes WIP at present. That is being able to receive information into CONXTD from products and services that are not necessarily confined to Intruder or Fire.

http://www.conxtd.com

Edited by jimcarter
Added info

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk