Security Installer Community

'Anti-Code' Opinions

Gabs

What are your opinions as security engineers on the 'anti-code'? I believe that it is the same as 'Engineer reset on tamper. I bet it isn't popular with customers. If it is even used by anyone. (Extract taken from Accenta 8 instructions) 

Anti-Code.jpg

Edited by Gabs
Spelling Error

3 minutes ago, PSE said:

Anti-Code is still in use today

I thought it might be, but its not fair if the customer needs to open the alarm cover for whatever reason, then it locks out, especially if the company have gone out of business who installed the alarm. 

20 minutes ago, Gabs said:

Well, the option is there, I don't even see the point of it. 

duh, the alarm is a security system which has requirement to have tamper circuit to detect tampering.

Gabs Security goes to Mrs Smiths house & fit a system, she gives the code to Robin B'stard the painter.

Robin B'stard, lets himself in every day to paint the house whilst Mrs Smith suns herself in glamorous Cleethorpes

Robin takes the lid of the panel & links out a no. of circuits as advised by google / a popular alarm forum,

A month or so after being paid for the painting Robin returns & does the gaff over.

Mrs Smith return home to find her valuables gone,

blah, blah, blah.... would normally end with legal tift & attempt to sue the alarm co. 

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

duh, the alarm is a security system which has requirement to have tamper circuit to detect tampering.

Gabs Security goes to Mrs Smiths house & fit a system, she gives the code to Robin B'stard the painter.

Robin B'stard, lets himself in every day to paint the house whilst Mrs Smith suns herself in glamorous Cleethorpes

Robin takes the lid of the panel & links out a no. of circuits as advised by google / a popular alarm forum,

A month or so after being paid for the painting Robin returns & does the gaff over.

Mrs Smith return home to find her valuables gone,

blah, blah, blah.... would normally end with legal tift & attempt to sue the alarm co. 

I actually never thought of it like that. 

Good description, you should pin it to the top, so people can see why an anti-code would be used. I guess it could still be troublesome, if you just wanted to change the battery. Does your company use anti-codes? I think Google need to do something about the forum, with no rules. I am pretty sure giving out default info should be banned. DIY NOT don't. 

thanks for the reply, I have learned something new :) 

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

you open the lid & interfere with the system & void the maintenance agreement

Okay, fair enough. However, if the company who originally installed it have gone bust, it may require defaulting the panel.