Security Installer Community

Accenta or Veritas

Gabs

What do you prefer for ease of use, instillation and build quality, Veritas or Accenta G4 and what would you rather install?

Also, has the Logic 6 been discontinued? I can't seem to find one of them, or a simple set reader anymore. Seems a bit weird, I would have thought that they were two very popular products. 

I don't think the 6 took off. After all, it was essentially a bodge on top of an existing, ageing panel.

Our local TLC Direct still had stock until last year IIRC. Must have been an arse to prog. http://www.responseelectronics.com/downloads/1364919803Logic_Six_Install.pdf

Not an entirely stupid idea though - and not entirely unlike Guardall's prox arming station. Although with that at least there was an engineer keypad and full UDL.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

31 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Logic well discontinued.

I wouldn't bother fitting either any more but would choose Veritas out of your options.

Strange, I didn't notice, I think ADE or Honeywell should add a Prox feature to the Accenta keypads. Ah, that is what I thought. I also think that the Veritas LCD keypad is better looking than the LCD Accenta keypad. 

5 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I don't think the 6 took off. After all, it was essentially a bodge on top of an existing, ageing panel.

Our local TLC Direct still had stock until last year IIRC. Must have been an **** to prog. http://www.responseelectronics.com/downloads/1364919803Logic_Six_Install.pdf

Not an entirely stupid idea though - and not entirely unlike Guardall's prox arming station. Although with that at least there was an engineer keypad and full UDL.

Ah, do you mean the Optima, or Logic 4 as the ageing panel it took over?  Yeah, I can see how hard these must be to program. I always thought that they'd be good for people who suffered memory loss, or weren't able to use a keypad. 

Or you could just install virtually any other system with a prox keypad!

Texe at least allows you to remove virtually everything from a users menu so with the 'right' (or wrong) fob you can do nothing other than autoset and unset, just like the Logic 6.

Another feature that was copied from the Menvier / Scantronic EN Platform range I believe, same team wasn't it?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

6 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Or you could just install virtually any other system with a prox keypad!

Texe at least allows you to remove virtually everything from a users menu so with the 'right' (or wrong) fob you can do nothing other than autoset and unset, just like the Logic 6.

Another feature that was copied from the Menvier / Scantronic EN Platform range I believe, same team wasn't it?

Ha, I guess. I'd probably end up going for a Castle Care Tech panel in my home, when I'm older. So, ADE copied from Scantronic? Naughty of them. Do Menvier still make wired panels? 

6 minutes ago, dufjax said:

The veritas would be our choice.  It's what we / our sparks fit in the new builds, it's normally what the builder specs with a white bell cover.... No free advertising there.

That's is a shame, I would insist to have my logo put on a bell box, if I installed. Always good to get some free Advertising in! :) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

With so many systems why bother with any of those , Veritas maybe best but it's in the dark ages now , and fitted by mostly sparkes as above

If you could choose from any in the world, what would you choose to install? Panel, PIRs and bell box? ;) 

50 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Galaxy with Hkc wireless and mixture of bells if it could work together with Hkc software with a few mods , 

And of course some texecom firmware updates should do the trick

HKC sound good. I haven't herd much about them or seen many of their products. I'd have an Elmdene Rapier, or a box preferably with a bell in in, as it is more distinctive.

For simplicity of setting i like euro mini/46 programmed for intelligent set. Swip the tag and go to bed, system realises you haven't opened a final exit and automatically part sets. If you leave via a final exit system automatically full sets. Pensioners love it.

shame they did away with that functionality on the app versions.

Jim, if you are reading why did they take that feature out? Customers love it.

Edited by petrolhead
  • Upvote 1

Landing zone isn't included in part/night set. The dimension and flex have this too. No use if you have someone who works on nightshift and you have to part set and leave while they are in bed.

• Upvote 1

Yes, obviously not included at night as per a manual part set :) but... how does it decide the difference between that and a full set exit route stray / straggler?

Does it wait until a door is opened before announcing activity in a part-set omitted zone?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Yes, obviously not included at night as per a manual part set :) but... how does it decide the difference between that and a full set exit route stray / straggler?

Does it wait until a door is opened before announcing activity in a part-set omitted zone?

When you start an intelligent set it starts off as a part set so omits the landing and anything on an entry route bu still monitors for deviation on the zones included in B, then if you open a final exit door before the B exit timer elapses then it changes to an A full set.

3 hours ago, petrolhead said:

When you start an intelligent set it starts off as a part set so omits the landing and anything on an entry route bu still monitors for deviation on the zones included in B, then if you open a final exit door before the B exit timer elapses then it changes to an A full set.

So what happens if you want to part set and leave by the front door?