Security Installer Community

Risco CPX event issues

karl taylor

Hi all , thanks for your help on my past post.

The issue is I need help with is on the control panel on event log it is saying what i believe are faults but i would like to know if any one could tell me what they mean please 

system was installed in 2011.   it is a eurosec cpx lcd key pad .   it is a risco c    CPX with a gardtec 8 zone wireless expander 

I have looked on the system log for events / issues it says the following=

Looking at system event view it says patio door o.    

Also reads 27th jan    off chg.volts lo 

19th jan radio lo bat ok

Patio door   o. 19th jan  at 00 28

Patio door  o.    19th Jan at 00 27

9 jan constant lo bat at 21.00

does any one know what these events / faults mean   more so   what     off chg. volts lo    and       constant lo battery ?

any help welcome again please . 

hi where is the best place to buy a good quality battery for this alarm control panel  ? 

just need to remove front cover and reset tamper then unclip it and fit new one ? don't think any thing special about doing this > I don't need to reset it on the system so alarm knows it has a new battery for correct trickle charging ?

1 hour ago, karl taylor said:

hi where is the best place to buy a good quality battery for this alarm control panel  ? 

from an alarm co.

one who familer with your product would probably change the al the battery monitoring option to the highest & lowest settings

all the radio sensor batteries require replacing too

Mr? Veritas God

Have change the 5 wireless batteries on the wireless sensors last month.

What other batteries are there apart from them and one in panel

Why do i need to change them again?.

How do i change the battery monitoring options to highest and lowest settings on this panel?  its not a user friendly system. 

Yes got two remotes. 

Ok I change the bateries on them but dont hardly use them. 

Since this system is lets say old  found the installation booklet installed 2011  should i be changing panel battery?

Getting to be a bit of a pain this.   Just had a quick look at the control panel and have found what looks to be the plastic screws holding the front of control panel to the unit are chewed up to hell so carnt get them out.  Are they plastic screws or just plastic caps and screws behind?  

One mess about after another.  May be i could just use a couple of self tapping screws in there place? What do they screw in to as dont know until i get the front panel cover off?  

So only event on panel now is remote batteries?  I change remote batteries thanks 

I certainly would consider change the control panel battery if it was installed in 2011

Is there any moisture issues located round where the patio sensor is located (Could any moisture be tracking through onto the pcb?)

You could just have a sensor that has developed a fault!

May be worth replacing that one sensor if all other sensors are issue free?

morning all

batteries in wireless sensors are duracell ultra

wireless sensor that was faulty was inside house on the top of door frame. no moisture in it.

risco as no help at all .   new sensor fitted and 48 hours in no faulse alarms . so sensor was faulty / worn out despite the door it was on never been used. rubbish equipment this system . i sort the batteries issue out any thing major i take the system out .

apart from alarm installer where is the best place and what type of battery do i need for the control panel ?

will i need to change batteries in strobe light?  as its all working on walk test etc ., as it hard wired but been told has some small batteries in it, surely would last along time the one in the strobe?  

13 hours ago, karl taylor said:

Dont know? 

Would this trigger an event all the time or just once?  

If the units battery was knackered would this not show up all the time on the panel on event log

The system just needs a service. With it being wireless I would change all batteries in the detectors once a year. You can get a new panel battery from your local city electrical or Screwfix etc.

Depending on how the panel is programmed the wireless low battery is set to notify you every 12 hours as standard.

Remember when you have changed the detectors batteries you have to wait 2 minutes then walk in front of them to send the tamper restore back to the panel. With the door contacts change the battery and open/close the door to send back the tamper restore to the panel.

With the bell take the bell hold off wire out from the panel, if the bell rings like normal then that is ok.

I also have been fitting Risco wireless for 15 years and if programmed/maintained properly then you will get no problems. 

Edited by Hillbilly

never was told by the installer any thing about batteries and changing them , only finding this out now myself . issue with door sensors again finding this out myself and changing/ testing things etc . new door sensor working find.

have done a walk test all sensors working fine .

tested siren by activating alarm and also pressing panick button on remotes.

just need to sort out batteries in my remotes and the panel now.

what wire am i looking for on the panel ?   

1 hour ago, Matthew Pennington said:

I've got to say I've been using Gardtec equipment for the 10 years I've been fitting alarms, when working for my old company 3.5 years we had far more Gardtecs than Galaxy's however the Galaxy's gave us far more problems that any Gardtec ever did and especially the wireless!

Word is you have to know how to use a galaxy first , not try and guess , 

Alarm monkey needs you !