Security Installer Community

Risco CPX event issues

karl taylor

So i dont need to be out of engineer mode and i have the right wire  yes? 

If its wired on the board and i disconnect it and it doesnt go off why are suggesting its not connected? 

Would it not logva fault on the events view?

I took the cover off the panel to see what battery i need.  there are a few on the net and ebay as i am going to change it any way.

I was just hoping for a quick test of the bell box battery to save getting the ladders. 

Is this bell box cover easy to remove?

Its a square box with a flashing left to right red light at the bottom with a orange illumation when going off as i have tested the alarm already and it works. Just need to find out about battery back up in the bell box now if no other way but to take cover off bell box.  

Its been chewed to get a ladder out and have look. 

Any further advise welcome.

Thanks all

Today I've been f#cking around with a CPX with fitted 2004 ish ?

Tamper on radio contact, existing PCB fitted into new case

Subs asking about the code as he uses fobs... I f#ck around with a rkp on a fly lead to get the code back to 5678

Then the old git asks if it night sets the same.... & promptly types 1212 & lots perplexed that it nolonger works....

• Upvote 2

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

49 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Carnt believe this system is five years old. No maintance what so ever until now. Sick of messing about.  Just want it right.  No body can be chewed where i live so i try sorting ig myself.  

Blag?

Correct you get what you pay for. 

Can i get a alarm engineer to come out who had been recommended as an approved installer by risco in my area.  erh.  No

5 companies rang, 2 rang back. One still waiting for them to turn up. 

Agree from previous post i just need to get it totally serviced.  This is what i am trying to do on my own. With help and guidance from people on here.

How can i test the bell box battery back up battery? Will the system have one?  or should i just have a look inside the bell box to see if its gone one but i am unsure how to remove the cover from the bell box.  screws or clips on side?  

As tested it as advised on here by removing cable from panel but nothing happened.