Security Installer Community

Risco CPX event issues

karl taylor

1 hour ago, Matthew Pennington said:

I've got to say I've been using Gardtec equipment for the 10 years I've been fitting alarms, when working for my old company 3.5 years we had far more Gardtecs than Galaxy's however the Galaxy's gave us far more problems that any Gardtec ever did and especially the wireless!

Word is you have to know how to use a galaxy first , not try and guess , 

Alarm monkey needs you !

Constant lo bat       =                DOES THIS MEAN CONTROL PANEL BATTERY ISSUE?

13 feb 15:00:00

Radio lo bat  ok                  =      DOES THIS MEAN REMOTE BATTERY LOW ? 

15 feb 19:18:16

Off chg volts lo  ==         DOES THIS MEAN THE TRICKLE CHARGE FOR CONTROL BATTERY IS NOT ENOUGH ? AND THE BATTERY IS NOT CHARGING? 

27 jan 19:06:20

46 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Constant lo bat       =                DOES THIS MEAN CONTROL PANEL BATTERY ISSUE?

13 feb 15:00:00

Radio lo bat  ok                  =      DOES THIS MEAN REMOTE BATTERY LOW ? 

15 feb 19:18:16

Off chg volts lo  ==         DOES THIS MEAN THE TRICKLE CHARGE FOR CONTROL BATTERY IS NOT ENOUGH ? AND THE BATTERY IS NOT CHARGING? 

27 jan 19:06:20

radio battery low would normally list a device no. 80's are fobs 90's are sensors

any high low battery fault = new battery & ensure highest & lowest options are in place

The system is a piece of piss to support for someone with experience of the product

This week I've had struggled with an engenius bridge, a BT homehub 5 & a thomas techincolour router ( the prricks had ceased the line & adsl)

If i was a full time IT monkey I'd been much quicker

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Shame you didnt live near me mr happy i would pay you to sort this mickey mouse alarm system out for me. 

Had now 3 alarm companies get back in touch with me out of 5 i have contacted. With 2 of them saying we call you back to arrange an appointment bla bla bla.  Never called back. 

Where i live the attitude is or seems to be if didnt install it not my problem 

So if i can fix,  service or what ever to sort this alarm out i will until it gets ripped out and up dated.  I wont be getting a risco product thats for sure.

Any way i get some new batteries for the fob remotes and see what battery i need for panel and test bell bix siren and take it from there as system was fitted in 2011 so battery will be on its last legs. 

I have tried to test the bell box by removing the wire that says bell hold on it to test to see if bell back up battery is working.

It the 4  wire on the bottom of the panel. On photo its the black wire

Nothing happens. No sound from bell box.

This might be a stupid question but do i need to be out of engineers mode on the alarm for me to do this test? 

Or does this suggest battery for siren back up is knacked?    

DSC_0071.JPG