Security Installer Community

Galaxy Upload/ download Software

Good Afternoon chaps

I have a client that wants to consult the log to track staff setting and unsetting, he wants to have a print off or E-mail of the log every three months.

I am after Galaxy upload download software that will work for the G2-44. As I only have 2 Galaxy panels installed at the moment I can't warrant spending the money for the new software, can anybody help. I'm happy to spend a reasonable amount of money, also I'd like to know if there is any ongoing subscription for the software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Matt 

Honeywell RSS software works with the G2 panels.  It can connect via PSTN, IP (if the panel has an IP module fitted) or by a plug in programming lead that connects directly to a header on the G2 PCB.

It will be a pain manually collecting the information every few months and the G2 only has a 384 event FIFO.

Providing that the triggers are enabled in the panel, an ARC or self monitoring with SIA or Microtech will have set/unset with username.  If you can get one to provide a 1 month summary via e-mail for free, then it sounds like the best option.

• Upvote 1

The web interface provides the last months events and messaging is on a per event basis.

There's no report option at the moment, but would be simple enough to create something that would ouput a CSV or Excel file of the last few months 'OP','CL','OG','CG' events.

I just had a look at the database behind RSS and it does hold the downloaded event log, but doesn't hold it in a simple readable format. It would need some programming to convert into the logviewer format. The reason I looked at it was that apart from printing the logviewer, there doesn't seem to be any other way of dumping out a logview report.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's not monitored, just use conxtd via Webway 

Push notifications to smart phones showing op/clo, or log in via browser for more detailed reports 

no brainier if it's not monitored 

Edited by 9651
  • Upvote 1

Open Close list.tiff

From CONXTD you can select a filter just to show all Open/Close events and this will give you the text associated. I've attached a screenshot of a report from the past 2 weeks with all OP/CLs from our office.

End user can have this and manage. May be worth you having a look at the thread on the topic in this area?

• Upvote 1

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

17 minutes ago, jimcarter said:

Open Close list.tiff

From CONXTD you can select a filter just to show all Open/Close events and this will give you the text associated. I've attached a screenshot of a report from the past 2 weeks with all OP/CLs from our office.

End user can have this and manage. May be worth you having a look at the thread on the topic in this area?

Looks good.... Better for customers than the weekly email from the ARC.

Might have to try it

Edited by dufjax

You never know until you try... :)

PM me if you need any more info. Heading out for day so I will be slow in responding.

• Upvote 1

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk