Security Installer Community

Customers - This is my PIN Everybody!

dufjax

Bloody customers,

We sent a request to a site main contact asking to update / confirm their keyholder list via the secure area of our website.  This morning we get an email from the main contact copying in ALL users on their email with their arc password and their alarm PIN!

Knowing most customers this will also be the PIN for all their credit & debit cards.

Is it really so hard to follow simple instructions on an email?

I deal with e-mail mongs on a daily basis,either no etiquette or tech dumb. One engineer has been asked not to reply on his phone/tablet as he struggles with the very same - reply to all.

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

8 minutes ago, mark auto QA said:

Makes a change from the code being written on the keypad in permanent marker.......

Went to a holiday park (large national on behalf of Hentland) to do emergency lighting.They had a keypad right behind the reception facing the public with the code written on in marker.  I was trying to workout if they were that dumb or if it was a fake number to fool intruders?

Edited by dufjax

1 hour ago, norman said:

I deal with e-mail mongs on a daily basis,either no etiquette or tech dumb. One engineer has been asked not to reply on his phone/tablet as he struggles with the very same - reply to all.

yup

sent from my iphone

3 minutes ago, dufjax said:

I was trying to workout if they were that dumb or if it was a fake number to fool intruders?

I think people generally just dont think things through logically. The problem of "people might forget the code" is solved in the simplest way possible with no consideration of the negatives

• Upvote 1