Security Installer Community

ADE Opus 42 Printer

Gabs

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Are used ones not cheap on eBay?

They are, but I thought it would be a shame to pull them apart if they are still working. Just wondering because someone here may have taken one out, and doesn't want any money for the old panel, just postage, which I'd happily pay. 

7 hours ago, Gabs said:

They are, but I thought it would be a shame to pull them apart if they are still working. Just wondering because someone here may have taken one out, and doesn't want any money for the old panel, just postage, which I'd happily pay. 

Lol alarm monkeys keep them in service Aslong as possible 

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Lol alarm monkeys keep them in service Aslong as possible 

Ah, right. I see. Do Honeywell still do those larger ADE Poly-carbonate cases? I may ring and ask. 

9 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I wouldn't worry about that, they're unlikely to be put back in service.

Do you have any old alarm plastic cases kicking around? 

1 hour ago, Gabs said:

Do you have any old alarm plastic cases kicking around? 

I tend to butcher plastics & pcbs when removing

Friday night I changed a 9 circuit Euro 12 c/w old metal zem into 76M that I had on stock.

I unscrewed the speaker, scb & rkp then chopped the euro 12 pcb in half, hacked away at the plastics & until the pcb would pass out the back of the old cabinet, removed old zem from metal cabinet & mounted pcb into new endstation.

1.5hrs on site, everything texted up & tested.... however new cabinet did look a bit pissed on the wall when I stood back to admire it.

• Upvote 2

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

I tend to butcher plastics & pcbs when removing

Friday night I changed a 9 circuit Euro 12 c/w old metal zem into 76M that I had on stock.

I unscrewed the speaker, scb & rkp then chopped the euro 12 pcb in half, hacked away at the plastics & until the pcb would pass out the back of the old cabinet, removed old zem from metal cabinet & mounted pcb into new endstation.

1.5hrs on site, everything texted up & tested.... however new cabinet did look a bit pissed on the wall when I stood back to admire it.

Ha, oh dear! Oh, well. I will keep on the look out, or get some sort of plastic box. Do you have any old transformers for alarm panels? Just need one for my Accenta 

44 minutes ago, Gabs said:

Ha, oh dear! Oh, well. I will keep on the look out, or get some sort of plastic box. Do you have any old transformers for alarm panels? Just need one for my Accenta 

One of these? While was doing a "h" with bit plumbing refurb stud wall etc it was taken out

IMG_20170212_144712974.jpg

9 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

One of these? While was doing a "h" with bit plumbing refurb stud wall etc it was taken out

IMG_20170212_144712974.jpg

Yeah, an Accenta like that, or just the transformer out of it. Do you still have it? If it was taken out.