Security Installer Community

Honeywell AG6 problems

pjm1959

I have a ADE Gen4 alarm with a Honeywell AG6 sounder & strobe. (Self installed)

The other night while in the house the AG6 sounded. Inputting the 4 digit code didn't stop it. I ended up removing the fuse from the electrical supply and removing the battery.

Four hours later (midnight) (no electrical supply or battery connected) it started again so I removed the wires from the AG6 into the Gen4. This didn't stop the sound (it stopped and started every few minutes and sounded like a crackling noise) so I ended up climbing up a ladder and removing the box from the wall.

The box is now in the house so has been disconnected for over ten hours, but LED 2 is still lit.

Talking to someone from ADE technical support this morning they told me it was a fault in the tamper circuit.  Is some able to conform that this MIGHT be the problem?

Am I able to disable the tamper switch on the bell box and if yes how? 

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Yes rear tamper switch , do you have pebble dash etc on the wall, or bell box is mounted on an uneven surface , the only way you can adjust it is by bending the metal switch lever , but you have to be careful when mount back so it's tip isn't catch the wall as it should be still be flattish against the wall

Some bell box's have an adjustment screw , I am sure this doesn't 

No dont disable tamper , pointless having the box then , just fix how it's mounted 

The side screw is what pushes the switch 

No not really.  It happened last Monday night.  It had been windy, but the bell box was secured using four screws.  Am I able to test the tamper circuit on the bell box using a multi meter and if yes what do I do?.  Thanks for the replies by the way.  :-)

6 hours ago, pjm1959 said:

No not really.  It happened last Monday night.  It had been windy, but the bell box was secured using four screws.  Am I able to test the tamper circuit on the bell box using a multi meter and if yes what do I do?.  Thanks for the replies by the way.  :-)

Water on pcb