Security Installer Community

Risco wireless sensor battery low issue

Hi all . I need some advise please and need to ask if any body has heard of this issue.

I have a eurosec cp8l alarm system with a 8 zone wireless expander.

i have 5 wireless contact made by risco . product part number rwt72186800c

the issue is about 2 years ago one of the sensors set off off the internal alarm saying battery low . so i changed the battery in the sensor.

a week later same sensor same issue battery low so i changed the battery , another week same issue. so i changed the sensor from the back door to the shed and had a wired sensor put in place on the door

now two years on i am having the same issue with a another wireless sensor.  

came up on alarm control panel at 4 am battery low . so i changed battery .  a week later at 3 am  same issue battery low. so i changed the battery .

now 4 days later saying again battery low change battery on same sensor.

i have when it first became a issue changed all the batteries in all of the sensors .

the batteries are duracell

the batteries are from a shop on the high street and not passed sell by date etc .

Please can any one advise if there any known issues with these sensors like i describe as apperantly they may have been a faulty batch made by risco , my look i might have such a item fitted and is now playing up causing this issue. 

i have had the installation company out twice now and they have just changed the batteries and said the system is fine . then 4 days pass it goes off again .

any comments or advise would be appreciated .          

Is it possible when the low battery warnings came, either your confused ,cor you damaged something each time you open a sensor or you need a system restart 

Very common for customers to get confused with what is going on, swapping batteries round and then end up going in circles only to find a problem again 

Your answer will be interesting, it is possible to get a wireless sensor have a fault of low battery even though you changed the battery , if the sensor is in the same location as last one that went faulty then perhaps something makes it have a fault overtime , water ingress 

I can't blag much more but all possible 

its a different sensor in a different location

first one was a shed wireless sensor two years or so ago

now the french door sensor 

have not swapped batteries round , took battery out changed it for a new one each time .

then four or five days later 

internal alarm goes off battery low patio door .

i have two sheds ,

the wireless sensors are fitted follows

shed x1

shed  x1

bathroom window x1

french door x1

landing window x1

the other shed sensor never had a issue with it, its next to the shed that had the faulty sensor.

now the french door sensor is playing up at 4 am!!     

Have gone in to system log to view events

It says on the panel       patio door  low battery

The sensor when you open the door was flashing. When you close the door the door it stops.

So i changed the battery

On event view it says first of all  patio door o

Then it says patio door   t

So patio door. O means outer front cover and patio door t means tamper which makes sense

Now the recent alarm event view said battery low .  And the sensor was flashing 

And so it goes on same issues as shed sensor 2 years ago. 

System is about 4 years old

So this system is a load of trouble then?  

Still stuck trying to fix the bloody thing 

Annoying thing is people who came to fix it only changed the battery again this the second time and played about pressing a few buttons on the panel.  Then charged me. I did get engineers code off him for future issues. 

A week later playing up again.

Wonder if should switch off anti tamper settings but thats just smoothering over issues with this sensor.

Must be a faulty risco sensor? 

Sick of getting up at 4 am low battery warning on sensor for patio door. 

Joke as chaneg it a week ago.

System sat now on event view until i can sort it to stop the bloody thing going off at 4 am.  defeats the object of having a house alarm.  Wish i never bothered more trouble than enough

Risco customer service no help as only engineers who install there systems they can assist. Thats a joke when they come change a battery and it goes off again a week later. Risco must know these quality issues?

Any way rant over need to fix this issue

Think paid over the odds for it when they fitted it which is the annoying thing.

I carnt believe its only lasted 4 years.  

Its got to be a crap sensor then? 

Whats the best system you guys recommend? 

Seems a shame and a waste of money dumping this system? But you guys are in the know.

When you say one way what are you talking about as i havent a clue what that means  sorry.  

Put me off having a house alarm all this hassle. This system is a bad alarm clock

No one else come across this issue with this alarm.but guess you chaps dont fit them.

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

some rate risco, i dont but it is cheap like visonic

I didnt pay cheap for it,  so its a double sickner 

Lol no dont have dacia however i dont drive a rolls royce or a bentley or can afford one.  I see whay you mean. However only went on reputation of installer etc thats why i got the system put in by them. Now four years on and i am in a hole with. 

The sensor that failing is inside the house. Tempetature had never been a issue in last 4 years.

step back a bit then, you get the car thing. If its supported then its down to the installer? im guessing its not supported. Did you say at the start you didnt want a support contract?

why would any installer offer decent kit? As long as it does a year

its back to the cheapest car you can buy isnt it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, karl taylor said:

So this system is a load of trouble then?  

no, after using the old abacus radio system we moved to Risco (2005ish) ...

I'd charge for corrective visit & a new pir (if its very early system it may be  old pcb in new case)

I'd then offer you basic or fully comp maintenance,

Like the radio abacus topic of the other day the equipment is stable but quirky a competent engineer with suitable experience of the product & its piece of piss

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

Ok  . 

I think i get a new sensor.

Rang five alarm companies today. Only one rang back and said dont fo this system.  Left a few messages no response yet.

I can get hold of a new sensor. But not direct from risco. There response was get in touch with one if our companies who are registered installers local to you. I have.  Still waiting on response. They can not supply me direct

U can get one off ebay but dont trust ebay for stuff like this as might be seconds so can go further a field.

It carnt be that hard to put a new sensor on to the system? Or is it another head ache.?

19 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Ok  . 

I think i get a new sensor.

Rang five alarm companies today. Only one rang back and said dont fo this system.  Left a few messages no response yet.

I can get hold of a new sensor. But not direct from risco. There response was get in touch with one if our companies who are registered installers local to you. I have.  Still waiting on response. They can not supply me direct

U can get one off ebay but dont trust ebay for stuff like this as might be seconds so can go further a field.

It carnt be that hard to put a new sensor on to the system? Or is it another head ache.?

Have a look here ,might not be exact one but I didn't really search through much

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/risco-wisdom-wireless-pir-p-750.html

Thankd for the link. No its not that type its a door or window wireless contact with magnetic sensor. When the door or window opens it sends a signal. 

Was never offered a maintance contract as installer locks all his systems so others carnt get in to it. 

I got thec code off him after kicking off with him.  But cost me 20 for the pleasure so he had the last laugh. Now jokes on me.

Can any one tell me what is the point of the anti tamper alarm as if a burgular is in your home he not going to spend time taking control boxes etc appart if the alarm going off.  May be i am wrong. 

Well I could be your electrician , sabotage so you can't set and you wouldn't know until I left , wait until you went out because you couldn't set , and steal all your secret squirrels 

13 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Thankd for the link. No its not that type its a door or window wireless contact with magnetic sensor. When the door or window opens it sends a signal. 

They all send signal lol

Point was look for it in that site perhaps maybe they have it

That site doesnt have them but thanks for trying to find one

The point i am making is this anti jacking feature is only of use for that instance to stop internal tampering. If a burgular has broken in i carnt see him or her going to pull the system off the wall or rip sensors out etc before he steals the property inside the house. To be honest here the anti tampering feature in my view is only of use for shops and office etc ir when having trades visit the property.

On other systems fair enough it will be a better system.  But for this set up i think its a bit over the top

Installers point of view its a great piece of kit.  From a home owners point of view it can be a hassle. 

I get it and its useto stop other trades messing etc but in practice how usefull is it? Unless you have a manision and a million pound in value of property inside and staff why really have?  

Still doesnt answer my problem with this system.  Are these wireless sensor known for any issues

I was told by one supplyer risco made a faulty batch and this was one of the issues that was reported? Any one else heard this?