Security Installer Community

Menvier 9651 wont set zone 1

missporterloo

hi

I have a Menvier 9651 alarm and since the carpet fitters cut through the wires, literally 1 sec after warned to avoid the wires, my alarm won't set.  It just flashes Done 01 z01    zone open z01.  I have managed to set it twice but its taken me 4 or 5 attempts before it did it correctly.

I had someone come in and solder the wires back together so I don't know if thats the problem or if its the connectors at the door.  I have checked the connectors and they seem fine but to be honest, I wouldn't know what to look for anyway.  There is a gap between them and always has been and they are on tight to the door and frame, so I guessing it maybe the wiring?

Any help would be appreciated

I'd be sending an invoice to the carpet fitters if you haven't already; soldering the wires probably isn't the answer on it's own, you need to have the system checked.

When did you last have it serviced?

P.S It's most like a Scantronic 9651. Pictures of the door contact, repair, and keypad would be helpful.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

47 minutes ago, missporterloo said:

hi

I have a Menvier 9651 alarm and since the carpet fitters cut through the wires, literally 1 sec after warned to avoid the wires, my alarm won't set.  It just flashes Done 01 z01    zone open z01.  I have managed to set it twice but its taken me 4 or 5 attempts before it did it correctly.

I had someone come in and solder the wires back together so I don't know if thats the problem or if its the connectors at the door.  I have checked the connectors and they seem fine but to be honest, I wouldn't know what to look for anyway.  There is a gap between them and always has been and they are on tight to the door and frame, so I guessing it maybe the wiring?

Any help would be appreciated

Do you jump in stairs in between trying to set?

But seriously so you now have intermittent fault , dodgy soldering ? Or as above get engineer to test the wires 

Maybe part of fault was always there and waiting to happen

Hi

oh, its ok they did pay for someone to take a look and he soldered the wires but if that's no good then they will be getting an engineer out, which I know they will be ok about.  It was just one of those things.

Last serviced 5 years ago so yes, it needs doing but money was the issue as it was xmas time it happened.  I will post photos to show you.  I vaguely remember a similar thing happening 5 years ago and the engineer said it was the door contacts and did something really simple but I can't remember but it just seems funny its happened since the wires have been cut!!

will post photos in a bit

thanks Guys

I can't show the repair as its taped up!

i have had an idea to test if its the wiring, so I'm going with what I was taught back in the day when cars weren't run by computers and if they broke down the first rule of thumb was wiggle all the wires and see if that starts it!! hahaha

will let you know the results

alarm.png

al3.png