Security Installer Community

Everest Abacus 6-14 fob remote control query

richduc

16 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I'm guessing this is kit from under Bosch ownership, or was it very late DA designed kit that attracted Bosch in the first place?

IIRC Bosch took over about the same time as DD243 came about 2010 ish. Bosch could have done so much more with DA I was surprised when they took the route of Castle, it must have hit their profit margin, not only paying Castle for a rebadged product but developing their own keypad to work with it 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

All scrap now , except you find a good condition one for a garage or something

Live in hope eh? I've seen you waiting on the doors at 5am for the Hounslow boot sale...

11 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

IIRC Bosch took over about the same time as DD243 came about 2010 ish. Bosch could have done so much more with DA I was surprised when they took the route of Castle, it must have hit their profit margin, not only paying Castle for a rebadged product but developing their own keypad to work with it 

It seemed as if they bought DA and just buried it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

17 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

It was how Da instructed us to get around the problem, it may not have been power it may have been data or something it was 7 years ago now.

I've had to the same thing. Think if you used the relay to disconnect the B terminal of the keypad the keypad presses were disabled.

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Think DS went to bosch 2004 /05 ?

The hybrid 6/14 R was a stable bit of kit, I have some old kit on the shelf but don't think we have any maintained any more

The Euro thing was briefly sold as ADE, Bosch, Castle & Pyronix I'd guess cheaper than developing your own kit 

Mr? Veritas God

I junked my last 2 DA systems last year, both old Abacus 8 types, although felt ahead of their time with the full LCD display etc... on a small no. of zones panel I suppose, given their age.

It was a slightly odd feeling that despite the 20+ year old boxes having been changed for 9651PDs (current model Eaton) the customer hadn't really gained anything other than fobs and possibly less power consumption!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I had a brand new 6/14 on the shelf until we move September when I threw it in the scrap. Along with a brand new Bosh/Euro panel a prosys, and loads of other stuff, I had to be ruthless. Shame really there was some nice gear but I couldnt warranty it and it would be more trouble than its worth selling it cheap. Ebay is just a ball ache, so scrap man it was 

19 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I had a brand new 6/14 on the shelf until we move September when I threw it in the scrap. Along with a brand new Bosh/Euro panel a prosys, and loads of other stuff, I had to be ruthless. Shame really there was some nice gear but I couldnt warranty it and it would be more trouble than its worth selling it cheap. Ebay is just a ball ache, so scrap man it was 

You could have offered it in trade postage cost being covered , but must be a Chinese thing yeah?

Hi again

Could anyone walk me through checking if I can remove the fob. I tried using the engineers menus but got a message saying trouble remote (note sure if that relates) with the local siren going off. Could only press no to stop it then could not get back to day mode so had to reset the system again. Please help!

10 hours ago, james.wilson said:

you have a ksw input on a panel that is a bit past it. I doubt anyone could keep it going

I don't think it is going by the rest of the conversation, it's all native gear from what I understand above, including the remote?

In theory a fresh set of batteries in all and could be OK, seems to be quite good kit from the sound of it, for it's age.

On 01/02/2017 at 9:32 PM, richduc said:

Hi again

Could anyone walk me through checking if I can remove the fob. I tried using the engineers menus but got a message saying trouble remote (note sure if that relates) with the local siren going off. Could only press no to stop it then could not get back to day mode so had to reset the system again. Please help!

You need to give a bit more detailed info, you sure this is a 6/14 and not as what super monkey h is suggesting is DS stuff 

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Not to swerve the topic but you remember those little square infrared beams da used to make? I thought they worked well for a simple device , didn't last long of course

I fitted a load of those in across each of the windows in a big house in Ferring and they are still working now. God knows what we will replace them with if they ever fail. Really neat little IR beams.

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Were they about the size of a ten pack of ciggies? If so I might have ripped some out in a shopfront (the shutter fitters would have taken them out anyway!)

Not ten pack no, more like 20 as they were square

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I fitted a load of those in across each of the windows in a big house in Ferring and they are still working now. God knows what we will replace them with if they ever fail. Really neat little IR beams.

Not to much to fail in them , replace the IR led maybe and hope they don't get spiked otherwise

Ah, hang on then, I might have seen them as well! They had an RS sticker on, but that makes sense as RS used to sell a lot of DA stuff before

they moved to Risco (and now re-badged Scanny as 'Abus', wtf?!)

Unlike most beams, were they flat with a large black shiny area covering the whole front?

How about a seemingly pre-EN spec (it has a full size PCB, glass fuses) 9651 with a reskinned keypad for just £120 notes? That's RS value!

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/security-alarm-control-panels/7044041/