Security Installer Community

Everest Abacus 6-14 fob remote control query

richduc

Hi there!

I was hoping for some advice - my house was burgled recently. Obviously I hadn't set my alarm, an inherited Everest wireless system which is a rebranded abacus 6/14 COM. I am now using it all the time! However, one thing stolen was the remote control fob (mistaken as car fob, presumably). How do I ensure that the fob can't be used, i.e. can I remove it from the system? I have access to the engineering code but can't find any info on the fob anywhere. Everest aren't interested in responding, I have asked about this but they haven't got back to me. Any advice appreciated (wife stressed!)...

Thanks for any input.

Rich

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It been many yrs since I touched one...

Think the fobs are on the system as a zone, delete it.

The radio stuff was documented its own manual,

You'd be best of with co. with expirance of the product or rip the whole thing out & replace

Mr? Veritas God

Just now, richduc said:

Lol to Mr Happy, Peter there was defo a fob, looked like a car alarm fob from way back, used it to set the alarm when going on holiday...took a large watch style battery.

Then it would be an after market fob, there will be a separate receiver wired into the keyswitch input 

1 minute ago, richduc said:

Lol to Mr Happy, Peter there was defo a fob, looked like a car alarm fob from way back, used it to set the alarm when going on holiday...took a large watch style battery.

I am sure there was no fob aswell, it was third party da systems didn't make them , might have been an add on a company done 

Just now, al-yeti said:

I am sure there was no fob aswell, it was third party da systems didn't make them , might have been an add on a company done 

1 minute ago, MrHappy said:

Bosch_RF3332E__66617.1450165195.380.500.

Yep after market add on, they never had them in the factory while I made the tea I got to see the gear and dreamt of doing alarms 

yes Mr Happy that's the one! Yes I replaced 4no. CR123's to 2no of the PIR's which were causing a fault (I have never replaced any batteries in the 7 years here). Any instructions anyone would like to hazard a guess on how to remove the fob from the system>..????

18 minutes ago, richduc said:

yes Mr Happy that's the one! Yes I replaced 4no. CR123's to 2no of the PIR's which were causing a fault (I have never replaced any batteries in the 7 years here). Any instructions anyone would like to hazard a guess on how to remove the fob from the system>..????

It cannot be de programmed as it was an aftermarket add on just de wire the receiver from the keyswitch input. 

1 minute ago, PeterJames said:

It cannot be de programmed as it was an aftermarket add on just de wire the receiver from the keyswitch input. 

the radio expander was on its own bus, devices are progammed on/ off by the keypad 

Mr? Veritas God

I am 99% sure its not programmable I got a point on a NSI inspection in 2010 because you could still disarm the system with the code. We had to fit a relay to the open and close output to down power the keypad whilst set to get around it.  

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

on a serious note its a ksw not a native from something that old?

apart from a data connection theres no other wiring from radio expander to controls,

radio zones are no. 11 to 88, it was class 5 radio system

Mr? Veritas God

20 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I am 99% sure its not programmable I got a point on a NSI inspection in 2010 because you could still disarm the system with the code. We had to fit a relay to the open and close output to down power the keypad whilst set to get around it.  

That would have caused a tamper, surely??

17 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

apart from a data connection theres no other wiring from radio expander to controls,

radio zones are no. 11 to 88, it was class 5 radio system

I'm guessing this is kit from under Bosch ownership, or was it very late DA designed kit that attracted Bosch in the first place?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

14 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

That would have caused a tamper, surely??

It was how Da instructed us to get around the problem, it may not have been power it may have been data or something it was 7 years ago now.