Security Installer Community

CQR C-Type cover

Gabs

1 minute ago, datadiffusion said:

They were still listed in a 1998 Gardiner catalogue - the last time I saw then IIRC. About £4 for a polycarb lid (only) AFAIK.

I think by then polyprop wasn't being made anymore, although crappy home catalogues like my gran used to get spammed

featured these styles of dummy boxes well into the mid 2000s. They probably bought all the remaining stock...

I wonder how many still brand new old CQR bell boxes are around, in stock rooms, and garages. My Granddad was a security engineer for Northern Electric, installing alarm in substations, in his garage he still has about 23 or so Sonade 2000 bell boxes, and lots of Accenta 8s. Weren't the Polyprop ones the ones which warped and lost their colour? £$ is a bargain, I'd but many coveres, and 3D print back plates :D 

14 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I used to build ss ones and cqr tombstones

both with viper v-foam, castle sab modules, horns I assume kenetic, hilclaire combined strobe and led. Finished with a bit of RS pluggable connector block so the lid could be removed.

I was 13 lol, the hard bit so you didn't get a bollocking was no bubbles or fingerprints on the stickers 

the rest was piss easy.

Sounds fun, my first bell box was a Ventcroft Compact, very nice little bell box, seems to be the loudest bell box I have, or maybe that is just the horrible alarm tone it has. I would like a few bell modules, I bet they are very hard to find these days. 

Just now, Gabs said:

Sounds fun, my first bell box was a Ventcroft Compact, very nice little bell box, seems to be the loudest bell box I have, or maybe that is just the horrible alarm tone it has. I would like a few bell modules, I bet they are very hard to find these days. 

I have a handful in the memory draw.

Along with lots of other stuff

I should make it a bin really

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

my first bell box was a Ventcroft Compact, very nice little bell box, seems to be the loudest bell box I have, or maybe that is just the horrible alarm tone it has. I would like a few bell modules, I bet they are very hard to find these days. 

There were many debates on sound pressure vs freq

db is easy but sounding loud is different

Ill stop before my arf gene kicks in

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

8 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

those days were polycarb had to be used by approved, Was only the one then, poly prop was used cos it was cheaper.

Who would of thought 50p on a bell cover would be an issue....

But I thought polyprop was still available in places like Gardiner though, for use as dummies?

Like you say, amazingly odd for 50p - but hey, that could sum up the whole security game :) 

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

31 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

both with viper v-foam, castle sab modules, horns I assume kenetic, hilclaire combined strobe and led. Finished with a bit of RS pluggable connector block so the lid could be removed.

I was 13 lol, the hard bit so you didn't get a bollocking was no bubbles or fingerprints on the stickers 

the rest was piss easy.

another with a misspent youth...

if only Angus was here with his takes of foiling the hall mirror

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

17 minutes ago, Gabs said:

My Granddad was a security engineer for Northern Electric, installing alarm in substations, in his garage he still has about 23 or so Sonade 2000 bell boxes, and lots of Accenta 8s.

so they didn't buy any thing decent...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God