Security Installer Community

Help Wiring Novagard 2 bell box

Gabs

Hi,

I need help wiring a Novagard 2 bell box to an ADE Accenta G3 alarm panel. The sounder only goes for two seconds on power up, before stopping. The LEDs flash normally, however, there is a constant tamper on the panel too, is this some sort of test mode that the bell box is in? Am I missing something? I am guessing it isn't meant to do this. If it is a test mode, how do I get out of it? I tried powering it up just with the hold off connected to a 12v power supply, and the same thing happened, so it isn't the panel. I also tried using the negative trigger, on the 12v power supply, and the exact same thin happened. I hope I don't sound too dumb for asking this, if it is a really obvious fix! Any help is much appreciated, thanks! :) 

Gabriel

3 hours ago, norman said:

People in glass houses... 

...should forget security and stick to Grand f**ing Designs

Edited by datadiffusion
For the children offended by naughty words
  • Downvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi, yeah, I have read instructions, and they don't mention anything about it only going off for 2 seconds before stopping. I have tested both returns tamper, and sounder trigger; all seems to be fine. Anyone else had this problem?