Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 SW+ output

andyb2000

Hi folks,

Hopefully a simple one, I've installed a few of these Veritas R8, in this install I've added a remote arm/disarm (RF fob) to it by using a zone as a keyswitch, which works great.

The user however wants to see/know when the alarm is armed/disarmed (They were hoping for a car alarm like chirp, etc). The strobe does flash to show when the entry/exit timer expires and the alarm arms but they can't see this very clearly.

I'm trying to come up with a simple visual solution to show them when the alarm is armed/disarmed. Initially I've looked at the SW+ output, as setting this to option 8 "Entry/Exit" I'm guessing this will indicate entry/exit timer running (So by wiring a simple relay using AUX+ and the sink/negative to the SW+ in theory the relay will trigger during entry/exit and stop afterwards), which might produce what I want.

Does anyone have any comment on doing the above? Or is there a better output/signal I can use for 'armed/disarmed' state that i could connect up externally (Something like an LED is what I'm thinking, hide an LED on/below the bellbox so it's a visual indicator to them).

Thanks in advance.

Andy

38 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Showing armed state does not comply under the regs mate

maybe not, but an R8 has a LED on the RKP showing if its unset or not

id be looking more at why they want a remote control instead of using the RKP to arm / disarm the system.

if they really need to see if its armed / disarmed from outside, one alternative would be to fit an alarm like a texecom elite with IP module and use their app to see its status

Thanks guys, yes I'm aware it's not compliant when indicating remotely.

The reason is they have perimeter/external movement sensors so I can't relocate the RKP which is why they've got the remote arm/disarm rolling code RF solution. I'll have another rethink to see if I can solve their problem.

MrHappy, can't believe I hadn't thought of that one! Yes, extending using a cheapy extension speaker so it's audible from their 'set' location (i.e. by their gates where they use the remote) they'll hear the exit tones and when it goes silent, alarm is armed.

Unset, if it starts beeping then they've not unset it so they can fire their remote again!

That's the ticket! Thank you.