Security Installer Community

Advice on Citadel Alarm system (Model unknown)

Tomos

H there,

I'm an electrician, I recently disconnected a Citadel intruder alarm as part of a rewire. During the time that the alarm was disconnected, the battery died. Now whenever I re-insert the fuse (fused connection, not internal) the alarm sounds, and the code no longer works. Has the alarm factory reset, or can I do so? Is it a case of installing/recharging the battery first? Is there a maintenance function? What is my best course of action (preferably without calling another company, I'd prefer to learn)

I can's seem to find an instruction manual anywhere online, and there is no model number on any of the control units.

Thanks, Tomos

You want to look for an ADE Accenta manual ol, It's either got no nvm or it's defaulted, power it up mains only and try the old code, if not then the default code which you'll find within the manual, if it's working on the default code you'll need to reprogram it.... and in any circumstances replace the battery. Check the top rhs of the pcb for a large resistor which may be burnt out due to neglected battery, if it's not happy days, if it is you'll be looking at a new panel, an Accenta G3.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER