Security Installer Community

Accenta G3

Litch90

Had a look at my neighbours alarm for her tonight, she claimed one day it just started going off (External sounder). 

Eventually she got her hubby to take the POS off the sounder.

I came round this evening to find the keypad in lockout because of a present tamper on the system.

I've linked out the global tamper and also the bell tamper and still the system see's tamper. Battery was even changed for a new unit, so a flat battery is discounted.

The only thing I haven't done is linked out the remote keypad tamper.. All fuses (bell,battery,AUX) are okay. All lids on correctly. Also tried power down...

Look like the Accenta may have given up the ghost? Also... do Honeywell even offer tech support on the Accenta now? Seems they just do Dimension, domonial or intellisense?

I would certainly try linking out the keypad tamper at the panel end... and would also consider a full default

They still do offer tech support. I called them recently as had two accentas at one address on a bells only system (One in house & the other in the garage)

The customer called me to say on both units the  power LEDS were flashing.

After inspecting them the units had a stable mains supply to them, the output from the panel transformer was within tolerances. The battery's were both a year old (Changed on the last service) also tested fine with my ACT battery meter.

Tech support couldn't offer me an explanation, the only thing I could conclude that there had been a mains surge.

The daft thing is after extensive testing both systems are fully working but the mains led's continue to flash.

11 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Must still have a tamper somewhere.

Only thing it could be.. is a keypad tamper as i've yet to link it out.. Certainly strange that i would have been sitting there since 2000 problem free then one day suddenly decides to tamper (unless cable damage of course)

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, aissecur said:

The keypad could of been knocked causing a issue with the tamper spring or simply a bad termination.

As long as you've sussed it that's the main thing :)

That was my only theory behind the fault..Tamper was still present with PA, GLOBAL & BELL linked out as soon as i linked out RKP away it went.. remove keypad to find everything in order. Strange one, but it has been fine ever since.