Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 -- Tamper LED leading to head scratching

m1ne5h

Hi, I have an accenta 8 system, and with rendering work being done on the house decided to replace an old bell box with a Reson 8 bell box. The old bell box simply had two wires providing power to the speaker, tracing this out showed it went to bell + and bell - on the panel. Before installing the bell box outside I tested it internally to check I could wire it up correctly, using another length of cable to SCB and Bell connectors on the panel and all was good.

However when I wired it up outside, it set the system to tamper. I discovered several junction boxes in the way, which I've wired up to make sure all the SCB connections flow to the new bell box as these weren't present before. The system now fails to get out of tamper mode, even though I've cleared the NVRAM. I've even removed all the zone and PA connectors as mentioned in the engineer manual to diagnose what is wrong but the system still fails to get out of tamper mode, when powering up. Fuses are all present and have not blown, how can I proceed? Many thanks in advance.

I have 5 cores going to the new bell:

Bell Box                Panel           Cable Colour

HOLD OFF +        Bell +           Yellow

TRIG -                  Bell -            Blue

HOLD OFF -         SCB A         White

RTN                      SCB T         Green

STB -                    STB -           Black

I would attach pictures of how the panel did look, however I've only written down where each connector was and labelled each wire so I know how to connect them back.

At the moment as per the engineering instructions I've removed all wires except the RKP. Inserted service links to the zone, PA and tamper terminals, yet the panel still goes to tamper led and the RKP is locked out. As you can imagine the bell box has also been disconnected, as I thought I'd bring it inside to test it wired to the panel, and then further along the chain to test the wiring is correct. However as I've been unable to get the system past the lockout state I've been unable to progress further.

1 hour ago, m1ne5h said:

Thank you James that was it. Now that I've restored all the zones, PA and tamper all is well. Just need to work on testing the new Bell box along the junction boxes to the outside wall to determine wiring is correct and it powers up correctly. 

The link has just proved that you do not have a tamper circuit, if the bell doesnt ring on test it means the 0v is not getting to the bell, if the bell works then you have no tamper return, which could be simply because your tamper switch's are not closed