Security Installer Community

Security - fire alarm link

1 hour ago, AdamG said:

This is a research/educational farm, fine when open but notorious for false alarms when shut up.

err... rather than bodging something onto the shit fire alarm wouldn't addressing the problem of false alarms be easier?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Regardless of what fire panel is in, it would still need a change in sensitivity from where the bulilding is physically open to closed. If it were my design I would have used a syncro with apollo discovery heads.... it's not.... and the arguably incorrectly specified system is about 3months old. Ripping it out isn't an option. 

Smoke & heat to heat only when unoccupied with be fine based on its designation.

Does anybody know how long a Honeywell rio will hold it's outputs if it loses its data connection to the panel? 

Fike have given the nod for the Rio pcb to be installed in the twinflex panel can you see any problems with this if I tamper the front and back of the twinflex panel?

Thanks for all your input

along similar lines, my unit has a mixture of heat & smoke detectors all NC. during the day its a somewhat hostile environment (lots of dust, welding etc). i simply have an output from the alarm to trigger a 4 pole relay where each pole is linked to each NC on the detectors so if they detect smoke and open the contacts, they are still being closed by the relay. but this im my own building that is not open to public and doesnt require a fire alarm anyway so i dont have any fire alarm regs etc to worry about

5 minutes ago, AdamG said:

the arguably incorrectly specified system is about 3months old. Ripping it out isn't an option. 

Over the years I've bodged loads of stuff together to get clients out of a fix,

In the long term your no better thought of, in fact your more likely to be seen as awkward for saying no when the ideas get too dangerous & dumb

If a 3 month old system is notorious for FA it must be completely unfit for purpose, I'm guessing vesda is what the building should have.

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God