Security Installer Community

Flashguard Xl or Novagard 2 Which is better

CR Alarms

Hi all I have got another question for you. I am debating whether I should use the flashguard xl, xtra twin piezo bellboxes (I am talking about newer flashguards sounders, not the old single piezo XL module), or the risco novagard 2 twin piezo bellbox. Which one of the two is louder and more efficient? Thanks.

LOL indeed. the flashguard xl twin piezos is 118db so they say on the specs, I'm unsure about the novagard 2 however? I have seen a lot of them around with their super bright red leds but never heard one go off. I don't want to waste money if the volume turns out to be **** which a lot of other sounders are sadly despite what they say on their specifications. thanks

The Nova 2 is old kit now. Tainted by a design flaw that seen them chirp under cold conditions. Some new residential developments had multiple sounders chirping on cold mornings. A rework was required to correct the issue.

34 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

cqr bell is louder and has bright leds that don't burn out, unless you want a chav sign

The Cqr is louder than both the flashguard and novagard?, which cqr bell are you talking about cequra, multibox sigma? thanks