Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite PIR 3 out of 6 fail on power up

Colhay

Hello,

Anyone experience with these Premier Elite IR PIRs (AFD-0001).

I just installed a new Premier 48 panel and thought I would change out the old manky looking PIRs that are probably 10 plus years old for some new texecom ones. On power up 2 work fine,3 of the 6 have status LED lit all the time and dont change state during a walk test. The final one has a dim glowing LED but does get bright when activated and seems to work ok during the walk test.

They are all wired the same and jumpers were all set the same before power up. Anybody else had problems with these units? Seems a very high failure rate for new units but I fail to see what I could have done to cause any problems to the new units

cheers

I tried one on a short lead from the control panel and its still the same. As soon as powered up just brings on status LED. All PIRs are getting the same voltage around 13.6V.

Maybe I just been unlucky getting a dud batch

8 hours ago, Colhay said:

I tried one on a short lead from the control panel and its still the same. As soon as powered up just brings on status LED. All PIRs are getting the same voltage around 13.6V.

Maybe I just been unlucky getting a dud batch

When I say "working" I don't mean the LED's, do they operate correctly irrespective of the LED.