Security Installer Community

Apollo 65 SD on Galaxy

Litch90

Lots  of issues with twinflex! Agree about alarmsense, great bit of kit

22 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

We didn't know what the property was from the OP.

Yes, I have serviced many a fire alarm in domestic properties, however all have been detached properties of various sizes.

Mr. H hits the nail on the head as usual, should really be mains interlinked.

Mains interlinked would be installed with 3C&E mains cable.

Would use Alarmsense over Twinflex, DD.

27 minutes ago, Litch90 said:

Ideally on a dedicated circuit and not a spur of another?

grade D can be connected to their own dedicated circuit or a regularly used lighting circuit

my preference is with the lights, more so because if there is a fault its usually noticed sooner and less likely to be ignored and left unfixed, but one drawback is its probably more likely to trip in the first place due to it being used for other purposes. considering both sides, id say overall risk of it being left unfixed is less if its on with the lights

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Mr. H hits the nail on the head as usual, should really be mains interlinked.

personal opinions of what should and shouldnt be done does not change the fact that 5839-6 includes smoke detectors connected to an intruder alarm which is grade C. this is also graded higher than that of mains interlinked at grade D.

34 minutes ago, andy™ said:

personal opinions of what should and shouldnt be done does not change the fact that 5839-6 includes smoke detectors connected to an intruder alarm which is grade C. this is also graded higher than that of mains interlinked at grade D.

There are other caveats with using the intruder alarm, standby time being one of them if I recall correctly.

My take is, (without reading all the above) if it's residential only and not a requirement (new build etc) then anything you add will be better than nothing, whether it be compliant with BS or wired in string. I have both smoke/heat and Co on my home alarm (wired in 8 core and wireless) and they function better than s/a imo.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Would use Alarmsense over Twinflex, DD.

Don't really do fire, have one site which is an HMO but not the usual dump (off site staff accommodation for an upmarket restaurant, house must be worth £600k+) one very small industrial unit, and our own place, all in Twinflex and don't intend to add any more.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

33 minutes ago, norman said:

My take is, (without reading all the above) if it's residential only and not a requirement (new build etc) then anything you add will be better than nothing, whether it be compliant with BS or wired in string. I have both smoke/heat and Co on my home alarm (wired in 8 core and wireless) and they function better than s/a imo.

id agree I have wireless hkc in 3 places. Plus they have sounders built in and can operate without the panel

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.