Security Installer Community

Mixed wired/wireless alarm

I currently have a wireless alarm at my house (whole thing was £100 from B&Q) and after 6 months the battery in the siren has gone. I would go wired however we have plastered and decorated nearly every room in the house so don't want to be cutting into the walls. Is there any reasonably priced alarm systems that have wireless door and pir sensors with an actual wired siren? Can cope with changing batteries in the house but getting up a ladder (and I don't do heights) twice a year is a no for me! Thanks

Unfortunately, you have fallen for the buy cheap buy twice. When you were in B&Q did you notice that they were not using the cheap tat they sell to protect their premises? I would advise that you take it back as it is less than a year old but as batteries are a consumable I think they could argue that you must have used all the battery power.   

Just take it back if you the reciepts say it's not fit for its purpose you never know might get credit note or exchange for another item 

You want to diy or have it fitted

Diy like pyronix enforcer kit ? Has wired bell option and wireless bell which lasts more than 6months but no comfort LEDs that are bright enough to noticed , has gsm and dialler options

Or texecom which has a great diy helpline , texecom ricochet system harder to setup imo

Expect to pay £500 plus for diy once you add on bits on and Upto £2k installed if you have a complicated setup 

Sounds good eh?

Would want to DIY it as I am "fairly" competent. Thanks for the suggestions, one alternative are there any wireless alarms which use solar panels to keep the siren charged without changing the battery or is it pointless? Thanks