Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Exp 01 Tamper

Micros Mobile

IMG_0992.JPG

Hello 

I was fitting a laminate floor today and whilst using an oscillating power tool to cut out the architrave I cut through a hidden alarm wire. This has happened many times over the years (occupational hazard) and having installed a few Optimas and Accentas in the past so I do not usually have a problem (ie solder, insulate, reset tamper). But today that all changed after cutting through the wire there was no give at all to repair the wire. Had to take up a lot of flooring and sub floor, then soldered and heat shrinked it.

The alarm panel is showing: Exp 01 Tamper / Reset Required so couldn't do usual reset. My customer has give me a couple days to fix it. He bought the house with the alarm on and doesn't have the manual or any information. I have since downloaded it but it doesn't help me-no mention of this type of tamper. Exp I am guessing is an expander problem or the installer has programmed engineer reset only? but to tell you the truth I am out of my depth and the clock is ticking . . .Please help

PS I have tried the default engineer code xxxxx and xxxx doesn't work

Edited by MrHappy
code removed

There was but didn't take any notice of it because I thought I had indentified the make, but I am back there Wednesday (just to see about the alarm).

I have just remembered that upon seeing 8 core wire going to the PIR (This is the one I cut- forgot to mention it was just one wire going to a PIR) it I popped off the the front off the PIR to see if all wires were in use and then dropped it! sure enough it fell under the floor boards but I found it and put it back on. Just a thought but could a spring fell out of the cover without me noticing when dropped and that's what's showing this tamper?

11 minutes ago, Micros Mobile said:

Ok no help then. BTW he does not use the alarm but I have insisted I will return it to working order anyway.

I am offeing you my help ive advised to get a pro in its as James said a expander issue and out your remit system needs someone who knows what they are doing 

1 hour ago, Micros Mobile said:

Ok no help then. BTW he does not use the alarm but I have insisted I will return it to working order anyway.

He means get an alarm engineer to help, (approved lol) as you say occupational hazard , but sometimes leads to problems you can't normally solve

So if it's an engineer reset then you are stuck , it may require code reset reprogramme and so on 

Thing is if you have it fixed then you should also charge the customer for its reset , as you only want someone to clear tamper and put it back how it was , customer might get cheeky and say we will use it then 

As above its an expander issue so you havnt worked it out correctly , opening more covers on an old systay make matters worse 

Just an update on how I went on with the Exp 01 Tamper in case it will help others.

Firstly downloaded all relevant documentation. I knew I only needed a few lines of info but I wanted every crumb of information at hand. Expander diagram and info included. I did a crash course for hours to learn what was different about this type of system .  .  .!! I decided that everything was physically sound and it must just be the Tamper reset

must be set to option 1. So it was ring an installer or reset codes to default .  .  .Nah I'm rusty but I'll have a go.

First I hand to rule out the PIR lens\cover as possibly not seated correctly and the tamper was now because of this.    

I removed the cover and the internal siren sounded so I knew it had been in place correctly and micro switch and wiring good.

Secondly I removed the cover (with ear defenders on, don't laugh) and went through the

-MF -B NVM+B  +MF procedure and replaced the cover. The default codes now work user #### engineer #####

After entering the engineer code the keypad Exp 01 Tamper fault had gone but the alarm would not set has it now had another fault on one of the zones and it wouldn't omit so bought a new honeywell door switch for less than £1

and voila it is done. I altered some the default setting in programming but this only a simple setup 5 PIR 3 DOOR SW no monitoring etc.

After a walk test I set it and left.  

I have every respect for professional security installers and I do think £90+vat is worth it but I just had enough info and confidence to pull this off. I just wanted to do it myself.

Thanks (the comments I received really spurred me on- not sarcasm).

IMG_1002.JPG