Security Installer Community

POS Sytem on iPad & PC required

Nogger

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my systems and in particular Point of Sale, I would like a App based program that would also work/link to office PC base, take signatures & preferably generate quotes from App . I currently use Sage L50 & Alarmaster but would be up for a change on both. Any suggestions for research would be much appreciated.

We also use Sage and AM, and have a web based jobsheet and acceptance of quotes system, we are currently working on the quotes now. We should be able to write the spec as we walk around the property and at the end of it produce a full written specification with price that can be instantly emailed to the customer. The only problem I can foresee after some of the tests we have carried out is trying to quote several disciplines at the same time, as it would require switching between urls on the ipad. We looked and trailed AMs jobsheet but it was too unreliable for us, I have heard that its got better though so may be worth taking a look.

I tried the AM jobsheet and just could not hack it, we are out of contract on AM so will be moving away and would be interested if anyone uses anything else.

Peter, is that web based stuff something you created yourself or an off the shelf product?

No we used a friend of mine to do it, he tailored it to our requirements. It cost us around £2k to get the development but he recently charged another co £600.00 theirs  was more basic than ours and he had done all the hard R&D with us. The ongoing for us has been free, but I suspect I will have some sort of annual fee at the end of it all. We have been dabbling with it on and off for a couple of years now and its only really since I changed phone providers and got a really good deal on the sims that we have started using it full time, the jobsheets are now working fine with only the odd problem usually because an engineer has forgotten to tick a box somewhere. But its improving all the time now, sometimes we make an improvement and it makes a problem somewhere else but its soon picked up and fixed. I havent yet started using the surveys, only because I have had a lot on just recently but we will do over the next few weeks. The online acceptances has been working for several years, we do have the odd problem with that because its tailored for both commercial and domestic there are a lot of irrelevant questions, so we are working on changing this to a yes no survey type online form that produces the form at the end.

13 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Clik? Not tailored towards alarm installers, nope.

I don't use all the functionality of AM I just need to schedule service and maintain contract details and correspondence and interact with field engineers.