Security Installer Community

Which 16 alarm ohm speaker is the best?

CR Alarms

Hi all I install a few alarm systems here and there and was wondering what the best internal sounder to use is? The equipment I use is mainly scantronic with aritech or risco pirs, The bellboxes I use are either flashguards or the novagard 2. What internal speaker should I use though? I was thinking of using the elmdene or the cqr soint 1 but unsure. The panels I use need at least one 16 ohm speaker connected. So what 16 ohm internal speaker would be the loudest and most reliable to use? cheers

Sorry just so I get this right, whichever 16 ohm speaker I use whether its elmdene,CQR or any 16 ohm speaker the alarm volume decibels will be exactly same and the wattage has no relevance whatsoever, The speaker will be as loud as what ever the panel amplifier drives through it?. So my job is to just make sure I match the impedance with the panel in my case 16 ohm. thanks

That's right no noticeable difference, If you want something deafening loud then use an internal sounder as well as the speaker. The speaker is really there for entry exit noise, chime and warning noises, depending on the panel some will make the internal alarm sound but not to the extent of making your ears bleed