Security Installer Community

Castle Tech 1600 power cut problems

Hi,

I have 2 castle care tech 1600 alarms at my property. One is in the garage and we have never used it since moving in. We had a power cut recently and the garage alarm now has a fault condition.

The remote keypad is alarming and is unresponsive. The keypad shows power but the display is blank and keypad does not appear to respond.

I checked the battery, in the control box and it was showing 11V, battery connectors (with battery disconnected) show 13.5V. I have changed the battery and powered up but the fault condition remains. I read elsewhere that the sequence should be: mains then battery then cover which I have followed but no luck. I have checked what fuses I can see on the PCB but all is OK.

I have left the alarm with mains and battery disconnected and all is quiet. I would like to take the opportunity to bring the alarm back into use but cannot get passed the fault condition.

If anyone has any suggestions as to the problem it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Is the system engineers reset for tampers?

I am suspecting that I need to perform some kind of reset but have not been able to find out how, either that or there is a fuse/wiring/other fault in the system.

On this device the manual says that if an engineer reset is needed then the display will have a flashing 'd'. I have nothing on the display.

As for entering the code, nothing appears to happen. There is no additional sound when the buttons are pressed.

I haven't used the alarm up until now but I would like to make use of it now.