Security Installer Community

IP CCTV over Powerline adapters

Hi all

My mother does not want wires inside house for a CCTV system she can view downstairs so I was looking at running in via loft and using dual port powerline adaptors to connect the two IP cameras into, then I would connect the other powerline into the router downstairs and buy her a tablet and run viewing off the App.dual port. Recording would be via onboard camera storage

Would this setup work and what Powerline adapters, cameras and tablet would anyone recommend?

Thanks for looking

hi

have used powerline adapter to  network dvr back from out buildings and down from the loft on many jobs use tp link 300 or  500 mps models  find they  work 99.9 % of the time without a problem, if they lock up you need to reset the mains .the cheap ones off ebay rated at 100mps fail after a few months, also the one that you can still put a 13 amp plug in also cause problems i have found they all require a good earth  and work  well over 100m if on the same fuse board  also used in offices  with covert camera  installs

Until recently I was using them for all my outbuildings, they were fine. I have since wired to the main outbuilding because I wanted to put the NVR in it along with some other stuff and I would have had restricted bandwidth connecting remotely to the NVR