Security Installer Community

Mobile broadband

abbz

Been pestered by the kids about getting a mifi mobile broadband device to take away with us on holiday. Am I missing the point here and thinking isn't it just the same as having data on your phone ? Anyone had experience with using such a device. 

Yes its quite a handy thing, the kids can watch TV/ play games on their ipads on one wifi router, rather than using up data on their phones. I have a really good deal on my sims for work through EE now, but before that I was using Mobi Data the deal used to be twice as much data for the first three month s but that deal is long gone. You can also buy a PAYGO sim full of data on EBAY/amazon ideal for holidays and so forth, it lasts a year providing you dont use all the data before the year is out. Its a bit like being at home with a router. Depends on the data package you have on your phones of course if its an advantage or not

Yes but its pretty much everywhere, my kids watched tv all the way from Brighton to brum then on to Manc then on to Liverpool. You can put router mifi high up when you get to your destination if thats the only place you have a signal, and your/ipads/driods/phones will work on your lap.

Depends on how long you want it for if its just for two weeks while you sit in a carvan then buy a preloaded sim search both amazon and ebay for the best deal, if you are gonna use it more permanently i.e. for work then by a monthly I found Mobi Data to be the best deal at the time but if you google data only sims you can get some good deals. Three seems to be pretty good I changed the works package to Corporate EE and I now pay very little for data sims