Security Installer Community

Telecom elite 48-w install

Nieldmail

to be fair the first time I had a jamming fault was after I let a low battery go all the way to jamming fault.  walked in and set my hard wired devices off, but wanted to see what happened and I still had protection. But the low battery was logged for a long time before it got to the jammed state.

as for timings never had a 7 minute wait either, after setting everything up complete the commissioning of the mesh using ricochet monitor to monitor the status, when its 100% complete, then do  my walk test, always wary that those near foot traffic may have been activated and sleeping.

as for modes I always leave in the default mode they were learned on as that's what was recommended seem to recall years ago putting a quad in hybrid mode threw a wobbler I am guessing that's been addressed a long time ago now. Change batteries every 2 years seems to work fine.

always awake permanently on

auto sleeps for 3 mins after being activated

hybrid I believe is on when the system is armed and if you get the rotating line it represents the devices being started up

49 minutes ago, secureiam said:

to be fair the first time I had a jamming fault was after I let a low battery go all the way to jamming fault.  walked in and set my hard wired devices off, but wanted to see what happened and I still had protection. But the low battery was logged for a long time before it got to the jammed state.

as for timings never had a 7 minute wait either, after setting everything up complete the commissioning of the mesh using ricochet monitor to monitor the status, when its 100% complete, then do  my walk test, always wary that those near foot traffic may have been activated and sleeping.

as for modes I always leave in the default mode they were learned on as that's what was recommended seem to recall years ago putting a quad in hybrid mode threw a wobbler I am guessing that's been addressed a long time ago now. Change batteries every 2 years seems to work fine.

always awake permanently on

auto sleeps for 3 mins after being activated

hybrid I believe is on when the system is armed and if you get the rotating line it represents the devices being started up

You will be surprised when after 3min and your PIR still will not respond. Put an auto PIR on with chime and see the results.

Question

so when these ricochet devices go flat, why are they jamming? I believe that was my issue and I see it mentioned above 

a simple point tamper  would suffice! 

I can only assume with a low battery the communications between devices goes a bit hit or miss like when you have poor signal on your radio, and the panel/receiver see this a jamming. 

40 minutes ago, 9651 said:

Must be to do with the mesh then, as a galaxy will just report the device as an rf fail when flat 

Perhaps with the old RF RIO with the Galaxy, but not with the RF portal. It should be reporting '+RF BAT Low' before the fail.

54 minutes ago, 9651 said:

Must be to do with the mesh then, as a galaxy will just report the device as an rf fail when flat 

no idea but I see your logic, as to the jam.

you would have thought that the device that's flat would turn off give a device fail and the mesh self heal so no jamming? things are never that simple mind.

RE Jamming

Response from TS

"Radio jamming is generally site specific. Points to look for are other wireless equipment, old wireless equipment from an older system, unused Ricochet devices with the batteries still connected, smart keys, contacts etc."

19 hours ago, isecurity said:

Update from TS QD and XT sensor should only be used in Auto and NOT Hybrid, Misprint in only Ricochet manual that says otherwise. Hence why they default to Auto

Thanks for taking the time to find out