Security Installer Community

Telecom elite 48-w install

Nieldmail

Hi I need some advice please. Installed this wireless alarm but struggled to get the PIRs working. In the end I had to change the mode from auto to always awake to get them to work when the alarm was set. Worked fine for walk test. Have I missed something obvious??

When in auto mode the detectors go to sleep for 3-15 min after detection, however the system is set.

for best results put them in hybrid mode, asleep when not needed and awake when set.

Edited by Simlec

36 minutes ago, isecurity said:

Quads/PIR's should be Auto, Dualtecs hybrid, Impaq Shock/contact Always awake.

PIR's become active after 3-4 mins, this is to allow the wake poll signal to be seen, saves battery life.

3-4 min is wrong. 

Just put all your PIRs into hybrid, this also saves the most battery life.

23 minutes ago, Nieldmail said:

Hi isecurity 

on the auto setting the PIRs didn't seem to "wake" at all. I seemed to wait a long time but may have got impatient/frustrated. Will try on auto again before trying hybrid. 

As i said the time is between 3-15min before the detector becomes active again in auto mode.

When I tested, i was getting average 7min.

I've just had to UDL our "problem site" again. Its been fine for 6 months.... but just taken a call of Alerts displaying. Radio jam is present and wont clear - every sensor jammed out.. Had a couple of low batteries over the last few days according to log, so presume a faulty device jamming the rest. 50+ ricochet zones. Brilliant. Wireless toss.

1 hour ago, 9651 said:

I've just had to UDL our "problem site" again. Its been fine for 6 months.... but just taken a call of Alerts displaying. Radio jam is present and wont clear - every sensor jammed out.. Had a couple of low batteries over the last few days according to log, so presume a faulty device jamming the rest. 50+ ricochet zones. Brilliant. Wireless toss.

Any reason the customer did not alert you to the low battery warnings?

Also be interested if changing all the batteries solves the issue. I had a similar experience on my own house alarm, nothing to do with batteries in the end, it was a new mobile phone mast being installed close to the house, and commissioned, obviously overpowered, cleared after a couple of hours not had a problem since. I have a modified PIR I can use to detect jamming, nothing at the back of the house, in constant jam at the front.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

9 hours ago, AdrianMealing said:

Any reason the customer did not alert you to the low battery warnings?

Also be interested if changing all the batteries solves the issue. I had a similar experience on my own house alarm, nothing to do with batteries in the end, it was a new mobile phone mast being installed close to the house, and commissioned, obviously overpowered, cleared after a couple of hours not had a problem since. I have a modified PIR I can use to detect jamming, nothing at the back of the house, in constant jam at the front.

I also have a problem site, that keeps rearing it head up. changed expander, changed all batts. Whats the model PIR you have and how do i get one?

13 hours ago, Simlec said:

As i said the time is between 3-15min before the detector becomes active again in auto mode.

When I tested, i was getting average 7min.

Do you know why are PIRs set to auto by default? Now reading this I can't see any reason to ever have anything on Auto. 

On hybrid, does the panel arm the device as soon as the system is set? With no down time while set?

I assume on auto, once it's had its down time it's armed, ready for instant trigger?

8 hours ago, isecurity said:

I also have a problem site, that keeps rearing it head up. changed expander, changed all batts. Whats the model PIR you have and how do i get one?

Contact tech support, tell them i sent you and ask for a jam detector, not available to purchase but easy to use on a site with potential jamming issues. The LED stays on if jamming is detected. Goes off when there is no jamming.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

28 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

Contact tech support, tell them i sent you and ask for a jam detector, not available to purchase but easy to use on a site with potential jamming issues. The LED stays on if jamming is detected. Goes off when there is no jamming.

Thanks Adrian, ill enquire tomorrow