Security Installer Community

The Mystery Lock?

I have seen a reader that appears to be a square like plate with a circle of segments going around. The user inputs the code in this format. There are no numbers displayed. Do you know what type of device it would be ... any brands/models in question?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

The lock was at a bank in 2008. I didn't take a photograph because I didn't think that I would need one, and the staff may not have been comfortable with such action. It is not the one above. The face plate was white and the segments were keys that would be entered to form a code.

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

The lock was at a bank in 2008.

Shall we also guess which Bank it was ?

I'm going with Barclay's, due to branch closures it was briefly a trendy wine bar which then closed & is currently a Cafe Nero,

The cashier who served you was called Wendy you paid in cheque for the value of £278.14 which was an unexpected tax refund, it was a Thursday & the weather was overcast you took your golf umbrella but it did not rain....

Why on earth do you want to play guessing games 8yrs after the event ?

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

It is Halifax.

could all TSI members pop into their local branch on the off chance they have the same reader to solve the 8yr mystery ?

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

48 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

in this game if its 8 years old its probably been super-seeded and not made anymore

As SWB says you press Carrot, Mushroom & Frog to get in nowadays....

one gang.451.jpg

Mr? Veritas God

On 21/05/2016 at 11:29 AM, MrHappy said:

As SWB says you press Carrot, Mushroom & Frog to get in nowadays....

Uninterestingly I know the type you mean I have seen them in other Halifax branches.

The ones I have seen in the branches years ago have since been replaced for Prox.

It's 12 buttons in a circle, square about as wide as a 9500 keypad and I assumed you remember the number using positions on a clock?

Absolutely no idea on make model etc.

Hi, I don't know who makes the 9500 keypad. I think the code may be remembered numerically, and then the user remembers it sub-consciously or by muscle memory. The segment spacing looked too tight to be representative of a clock face.

I think I can guess who it was - the same people who made the one I took out of an old BaE systems place a few years back I suspect.

I posted about it at the time, and was amazed to find the company apparently still trading with a very 1990s looking website.

Their products also seemed to be rebadged by Chubb at one time, and the website had the same ones I remember from banks

back then including the 5 digit ones that were like 5 typewriter keys in a row, no numbers, in a folded metal case to hide your finger movements.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

21 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

back then including the 5 digit ones that were like 5 typewriter keys in a row, no numbers, in a folded metal case to hide your finger movements.

Replaced one about 3months ago made by BSB

BSB Keypad.jpg

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.