Security Installer Community

Moved home....Advise needed for DIY Wireless Alarm

billy123

Hi everyone,

Thank you for a great forum.  We've recently moved house and it unfortunately doesn't have a burglar alarm.  My previous address had a Friedland SA5 Wireless which I had installed myself. Now I'm looking for a bit better quality one than that I can install myself again.

The features I'm looking for:-

• Must be Wireless
  • Have an External Siren
  • Difficult to Hack/Jam
  • Able to Dial-out/Send SMS to mobiles/landlines
  • ADDITIONAL BONUS would be -
    • Control it on smartphone/pc
    • Siren has the option to work solar powered or if not then at least mains powered

Now I've read a lot of horror stories that many of the well-known manufacturers such as Yale . Friedland etc are not reliable as their systems can easily be bypassed.  This is a worrying and if possible I want to avoid getting such a system.

I really like Texacom & Pyronix, but not sure what additional accessories I need with the Kit.

For your information, I need to cover:-

1 x Front Door

2 x Double Patio Doors

3 x Downstairs Rooms

Any advise & recommendations for systems & accessories would be much appreciated.  My budget is approx £300 to £450)

Edited by billy123

the units your looking at are ok. I dont use either. Its difficult to comment as we do distribute both. However both your brands are now used by both diy and pro installer. Id call the support lines and see which support you better pre sale tbh.

33 minutes ago, billy123 said:

BTW James, if you were in my shoes with a low budget, what alarm system would you recommend and why?

plus this sounds a bit blind date cilla...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

enforcer, or visonic powermax, or texecom, you will pay more for them than you would for a yale special but all three are installed by pro's and will be reliable and will work if you get an opportunist/druggy burglar, fine for average house