Security Installer Community

Europlex Signet 100 Gsm Question

Hi all,

I have a Europlex Signet 100 installed and have just added a GSM module to the system. When an alarm is activated, notification is sent via GSM to my phone and it all seems to be working fine.

When I try to send a command to my system from my phone via text eg to carry out a full set or to view the system status, nothing happens. according to my phone, the text was delivered but nothing happens on the system.

What am I doing wrong with this? Have I missed a setting somewhere along the line?.

My system firmware is v 1.0.0 and the firmware version on GSM module is v 1.1

SMS Auth is set to caller id only.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I assume that sms auth only allows texts from set numbers to make any changes, I also assume that you must therefore program allowed numbers into the system, if this is the case have you done it?.

I don't know the panel though so just guessing.

Hi Rulland, you assume correctly and yes, I have programmed allowed numbers into the system. I have done everything mentioned in the installation manual but it will not allow texts from my phone. When alarm is activated, I receive a text informing me of the alarm and what sensor was activated.

james.wilson, thanks for reply. Yes, I have used the country code when entering my mobile number, still hasn't made any difference. I must have missed a setting somewhere along the line, will go through it all again later today and see if I have.