Security Installer Community

Police Urn Queries

Never dealt with a police monitored intruder alarm from a company point of view - only installation so I have a few questions...

- A site being taken over with existing Emizon kit - can this be reused and is considered the customers? I'm thinking this depends on the contract in place.

- Does the new company have to re apply for a URN or does this stay with the building?

- I'm presuming the local authority has to be informed by the new installer?

cheers...

Never dealt with a police monitored intruder alarm from a company point of view - only installation so I have a few questions...

- A site being taken over with existing Emizon kit - can this be reused and is considered the customers? I'm thinking this depends on the contract in place.

If not owned by the outgoing maintenance company you can transfer the signalling to your ARC of choice.

- Does the new company have to re apply for a URN or does this stay with the building?

Reapply as a new maintainer, but the existing URN remains in place.

- I'm presuming the local authority has to be informed by the new installer?

Yes, as above.

cheers...

Edited by timmo66

All our monitoring kit belongs to us and is removed upon termination of contract, if you are SSAIB or NSI you can apply to have the URN transferred to your company subject to the fee

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

All our monitoring kit belongs to us and is removed upon termination of contract, if you are SSAIB or NSI you can apply to have the URN transferred to your company subject to the fee

Is that something wrote into your contracts?

it's never been a stumbling block for me before - if it's ever been discussed, most clients are okay with it on the basis that we are then solely responsible for one of the most important parts of the system. they make sure we have a phone line or LAN for the back up and everything else is down to us.

Depends who kit belongs too i suppose.

Good question if the URN stays with the building. You would have to apply for a URN as takeover from other maint co. Makes u wonder if they give you new number or just delete history and start a fresh.

I assume its building specific as if you lost response whats stopping you switching

Mainteance co getting a new urn, appart from youre in a 12 month m&m contract

Nothing really to do with LA