Security Installer Community

Tool Bag / Tool Box Options - What Do You Have

bm99

Hey all, so the toolbox is looking a bit worse for wear so trying to see what to get as a good replacement

really thinking about getting a toolbag as its a lot easier to carry around so what are you lot using

Also same issue with the cutters, any good ones you've been using - thinking about the new bahco 160m side cutters

cheers all

Yank brand (Platt) case, absolutely bulletproof.

Use Plano soft cases for lesser used 'kits', i.e phone and data wiring stuff in one, insulated 240v orange tools in another, etc...

Aldi, bag for life.

Since Kwiksave closed I guess?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I've had a couple of Plano cases, great for service work

plano-pl552t-technic-pro-bag-workstation

Still have this CK one, excellent but get's heavy..

ma2632-ck-tools-magma-technicians-tool-c

Side-cutters I use Knippex and Bhaco, (I have some small'ish Knippex ones I've had nearly 20 years) 

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Side-cutters I use Knippex and Bhaco, (I have some small'ish Knippex ones I've had nearly 20 years) 

Mine are RS and at least 10 years old but marked 'made in Sweden' so assume cost a lot of money at one time...

Pretty much all my major tools are EU made, Wera tools are great for screwdrivers, security bits and mini wrenches.

All my live working stuff is that French made orange covered brand who's name I forget.

My Dad still has a set of CK drivers still in good nick so old they are stamped 'West German Made'

My 'emergency plumbing f**kups' bag has a nice 30 year+ old bahco water pump plier!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I never seem to be happy with my set up.

I've been using a fat max pouch for a few years with a belt for slinging it over my shoulder, fits most of what i need for call outs and most of the hand tools i need on installs.  But i'm thinking of moving to some kind of box arrangement with some organisation for holding a small selection of fixings and resistors etc.  Maybe something like a Raaco box with the draws in the bottom.

Everyone seems to have bags nowadays, i would like to move to a box but i don't want to be the odd one out :( 

I can put stickers on a box though!

Damn and here i am with the measley 1 tool box

Need to step my game up, then again you have to have 2 sets of screwdrivers and everything right? 

Was a bit sceptical at first but i use screwfixes own brand tool bag. Quality pretty good tbh

forge tool

well ive still got my forge steel side cutters and use them whenever i need to if i dont worry about forgetting about them i.e. building sites etc.

I never seem to be happy with my set up.

I've been using a fat max pouch for a few years with a belt for slinging it over my shoulder, fits most of what i need for call outs and most of the hand tools i need on installs.  But i'm thinking of moving to some kind of box arrangement with some organisation for holding a small selection of fixings and resistors etc.  Maybe something like a Raaco box with the draws in the bottom.

Everyone seems to have bags nowadays, i would like to move to a box but i don't want to be the odd one out :(

I can put stickers on a box though!

loll, you can also put stickers on a bag mate, im the opposite i think i already am the odd one out with still keeping a box

Nah just checked its "La Corona"

with the abv on the right corner

Sort of already deicded, on bahco cutters but still debating the bag - not a small decision

Like totoro had said maybe something with a small slot for resistors and fuses, then again my toolbox has already got that lol

Edited by bm99

Hey all, so the toolbox is looking a bit worse for wear so trying to see what to get as a good replacement

really thinking about getting a toolbag as its a lot easier to carry around so what are you lot using

Also same issue with the cutters, any good ones you've been using - thinking about the new bahco 160m side cutters

cheers all

Draper expert 660 coz its got the storage bits on top, thats for install, got a tarty GPO bag for faults/servicing/lookin cool, then a bright yellow machine mart tool case for networking/fibre/telecoms stuff.

CK cutters in draper box, Knipex in Yellow box and GPO mini cutters in Tarty GPO bag. 

The correct amount of tools to have is N +1 :-)

Edited by Flossyrockstar

Damn and here i am with the measley 1 tool box

Need to step my game up, then again you have to have 2 sets of screwdrivers and everything right?

No, I only have the bottom one, I live in the North, we're not minted.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I use cardboard boxes, moving crates, all kinda stuff, just not disciplined like you guys , housing bashing is the way forward give it up!

Or try to squeeze as much as I can I to a twin makita drill box standard , screws spilled all inside to

Its all about the stanley fatmax technicians toolbag for me atm, always had a technician open tote thing can get a lot of tools in a tight space. The fatmax is a little big for my liking though  compared to my previous tech tote that was smaller. Dont knock me but i just brought the draper vde plier longnose set with the smaller cutters. Awesome set nearly as good as knipex. Yes i know draper nowadays is mostly rubbish but the vde plier set is awesome quality. i heard draper own knipex?

Edited by Rob Kirk