Security Installer Community

Re Intoduction Petercts Essex

petercts

Hi it has been  years since my last post on this forum

After many years in the trade  working in London &Essex. Keeping my head down and installing away  [  16 years with my current company 39 total ], I have put my head above the wall to find a  totaly differant brave new world

I need to find a job  so  i found my contacts book  went  through the pages only to find most  have sold up and retired  to spain  the numbers dissconnected or i am sorry to say dead

Ok lets try looking on line. My findings are

We no longer  install security systems  we fit them ,and most domestic alarms have no wires [ is this magic]  this was explained to me by employment agency staff who all wish to offer me the same hose bashing job. or the well known national company who cannot keep staff. The main question  asked is why do you still wish to install  [sorry fit] alarms.

The reply is easy  i still enjoy the job and want/need  to work  The search continues

thanks Peter

in the past year installed about 70 shops all grade2 or grade 3  redcare secure or redcare gsm all on texeccom premir ellite 48 kits and two large distibution centres  one on a 168 other on 640 only job hunting because existing company

has enough  connections  to wind down and think of semi retirement and pass on to his son

in the past year installed about 70 shops all grade2 or grade 3  redcare secure or redcare gsm all on texeccom premir ellite 48 kits and two large distibution centres  one on a 168 other on 640 only job hunting because existing company

has enough  connections  to wind down and think of semi retirement and pass on to his son

petercts

Inbox me peter if you want to know a really good company i used to work for who i think are always on the hunt. they are near london/essex border.

yes i am back to self employed  again  have always  kept the safety net , but choose not to fit my own systems. over the years even right back to the lander's in tottenham days mid 80s  it seemed every one  wanted to be the boss.   it always payes to have a back up plan

I have not just worked in the trade as an enginneer worked as sales surveyor for a national ,and on a small company in a corner shop that got very large and ended up with the largest showroom /shop in london with the only boss ,who every day used to wear a denim shirt and jeans and sweep the floor  and when we went out on a survey  we had to take a van and not wear a shirt and tie it worked and every job had to be connected to cs. until he retired sold up

i still choose to be an enginneer. my last company i fiitted 100 to 150 jobs every year for the last 16 years again every  job has a connection right  up until late last year    you cannot stop  other people wanting to slow down  retire

why is it all job adds want cv by email but still do not give their company name or if they are even approved

what is the quote   I regret nothing      {  i am still learning something new every day}

so i am looking for work in the london essex borders day or weekly rates

• 3 weeks later...

tryied to apply for job today add does not give a company name  email cv only  no phone number

think about this what if add read send bank details and pin number to an unknown  email address

i think i will pass on this one

yes phoned all the larger companies  and most of the smaller one had a few interviews and some 2nd interviews had several strange offers like will i work for cash in hand [no] or do i want to fit 2 or 3 visonic kit per day

most jobs are for  newbies and poorly paid  i have seen the same adds repeated many times  but several good prospects still ongoing

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update got fed up with the chancers and the  gold rated company who after 2 interviews  and a job offer  for a position that does not exist yet as they will not know untill april if the have been granted the contract yet so pay and conditions are to be finalised .

so have returned to subby  and started to pick up some work again {still aways need more}

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a job in Chiswick at the moment houses/flats new builds I'll find out if they are having alarms fitted and find out who's doing it if they are

Just an idea if you google new builds in your area find out who the builder is and phone them up.

I've done this many times to find out who the electrical contractor is and got work