Security Installer Community

Emergency Lights Fixing

alarmcom

An opinion please as a lad I used to work with thinks I should join a rough bunch electrical forum. 

I wired a emergency lighting system to a job last week. I used maintained as I thought the local wiring was really bad. I used white FP screw fixed and terminated into round plaster fix boxes.  

The fittings I fixed by drilling a 9mm hole either end of the fitting and using plasterboard fixings straight through the fitting into the ceiling using the collar as the support the cable entered the back of the fitting in the middle.

I have always fixed plastic to board this way and never considered it rough. I keep the screws for other things. What do you thinks

You just use FP on maintained fittings?

Its fast neat and complies with fixing cables in escape routes. Its the same as fire for me looks good when you see red and white installed opposed to red and grey launched in

yeah, welcome.

I don't understand?

only use fp for central batt systems

Doesnt matter for maintained.

Its fast neat and complies with fixing cables in escape routes. Its the same as fire for me looks good when you see red and white installed opposed to red and grey launched in

I don't understand?

Dont use it for non maintained, although loads of sparkies round here doing it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

An opinion please as a lad I used to work with thinks I should join a rough bunch electrical forum. 

I wired a emergency lighting system to a job last week. I used maintained as I thought the local wiring was really bad. I used white FP screw fixed and terminated into round plaster fix boxes.  

The fittings I fixed by drilling a 9mm hole either end of the fitting and using plasterboard fixings straight through the fitting into the ceiling using the collar as the support the cable entered the back of the fitting in the middle.

I have always fixed plastic to board this way and never considered it rough. I keep the screws for other things. What do you thinks

Maintained because the wiring was bad ? and this comes from a man who uses worm fixings as the sole means of fixing !

As said above, you can only use FP when its a centrally powered system.

You would be up the road for been rough, sorry.

Edited by Simlec