Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex Output Wiring For Ag8 Sounder

Neil Jones

Just wanting to check my wiring understanding for the Galaxy Flex 50 with the AG8 Sounder as the manual for both the panel and the sounder is a little confusing.

The Flex PCB has the following output connections:

T

0V

Based on the manual for the sounder I believe I need to connect:

TR- (neg tamper return)     to T

V- (negative supply)           to 0V

ST- (neg. strobe trigger)     to [OP]2 which I believe is default programmed as STROBE

S- (neg. sounder trigger)    to [OP]1 which I believe is default programmed as BELLS

V+ (positive)                       I am assuming I can use any +12V connector, e.g one of the three +12V connections from the zones?

I have to admit it is the V+ that has bothered me.. as most panels Ive seen has a +12V BELL connector alongside the other bell connections.. but +12v is +12v right...?

I don't have an internal speaker, so assume don't have need for the third output.

I notice that there are "pull up links" in place for OPs 1-3, what do these do? I assuming I don't need to touch these?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this post up, I was looking to ask exactly the same question.   The installation instructions vs the actual terminals for wiring are poor, especially given you have OP1, OP2, OP3, T, V-  but no V+.  

Where do you take the V+ for the output from?  

Any of the +12V connections, but probably neater to select the one on the vertical block to the left of the bell connections.  They are all connected to the same copper and poly fuse on the board.

Opinion? Surely tests are definitive?

In an industry of self certification do we think the manufacturer specs are best to compare the loudness?

AG6                      110dB@1m

Ody Single Piezo  109dB@1m

CQR Multibox       115dB@1m

Deltabell               104dB@1m

These are likely to be peak values and consider the tone, frequency and mounting surface will make a difference to overall volume.

Whatever flashing, glowing and noisy piece of plastic you put on the front of your building, it's likely to do it's job if wired correctly.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Used the newer Texe X-B dual piezo sounders at the weekend.  Think I'll be using/recommending them from now on.  Not sure about the test results above - the AG6 must have been tested without the cover on...