Security Installer Community

Cctv Monitoring Room

Steveims

Hi

I am looking at getting a CCTV monitoring station at our business. We are currently a sucurty K9 company and regually respond to call outs. The main problem we have is that it can take upto about half an hour before the monitoring station sends a request for us to attend a site. This looses us valuable time and it seems like a wasted effort. So we have decided to build our own monitoring station. We will have feeds coming into us with live CCTV and be able to closely monitor sites.

I've been tyrying to look everywhere for information. We have an installer etc already in place. My main question is "Does the building that we will use as a monitoring room have to be made out of brick"? We have had a big redesign of all our work area including 20 new kennels being built for our dogs. I have been told that we need it to be built out of brick. We have a portacabin that we now have spare and want to use this for our new CCTV monitoring station.

Thank you

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

According to Matt, the standards were outdated. Nobody needs to get into the arc to take control, so the physical attributes don't matter much in that case. The standards are pretty open on the software side where an attack is far more likely.