Security Installer Community

Hello From Glasgow

Honey-Well

Hello all,

Not employed in the industry, but about to start operating a commercial photography studio with various

high-end assets to protect, as well as a gallery containing various originals from a few big-names. In the process

of working alongside an alarm company to specify a suitable system. Had some good (some terrible) experiences

with a few alarm companies, both large and small, and realised it would be useful to educate myself about the

fundamentals/basics of alarm and surveillance systems.

I'm not the type to meddle/tamper-around with electrics or attempt self-installs, I leave that to you-pros (and quite

right too) so I'm more of a nosey by-stander.

Really enjoying this process and starting to get the 'security-bug' if I'm honest. Will be a bit disappointed when the

installation is complete as my evenings glued to security retailers websites, deciding between a tampered or

untampered magnetic contact or sourcing confirmed panic buttons, will have to be replaced with 'talking to people'....Sad huh? 

Honey-Well

deciding between a tampered or untampered magnetic contact 

Hi

Dont think you will have a choice on that one.

You would be best finding out what your insurance companies requirements are before you do anything.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.