Security Installer Community

Visonic Remotes

luggsey

I had to replace a disabled guys Visonic remote gear the other day, he uses a remote to open his doors with. Trouble is the new Visonic remote is tiny with recessed buttons making it very hard for him to use. I can't find out if you can still get the chunky round ended remotes with the raised buttons anymore. 

Anybody know if they still do them on the 800 MHz band?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I already asked my local Adi but haven't heard back from them yet.

I Google for a picture of the single button remote but found nothing. 

He used to use a two button remote which I'm told is no longer produced so I had to use the four button, but, if the single button remote is the same as the old one I may be able to get him two of those?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

I'll check if i have an old one kicking around. You could see if chubb community care has any left at blackburn or if they binned them, they used them as remote door controllers on old grey box concept warden call. There wer dozens on the shelf a couple of years ago never getting used.

Yes that's the type, my phone won't let me open the picture box to look at the pictures of the box which will reveal the frequency these are on. I suspect they will not be 800 MHz though....

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yes that's the type, my phone won't let me open the picture box to look at the pictures of the box which will reveal the frequency these are on. I suspect they will not be 800 MHz though....

say 868 on PH's link, these a much more modern than the items I thought you wanted (old square stuff sprung to mind)

Mr? Veritas God

My Amateur Radio Forum

I'll get my man at Adi onto it then!

cheers!

433 then?

The original was 433 but the new one is on the 800 MHz band.  

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yes it is James, I don't remember the spot frequency so I said 800 MHz band.

Age and all that .

My Amateur Radio Forum