Security Installer Community

Pyronix Kx15Dt Spares

I'm refitting a number of these that were in my old house but I have lost the round piece that sits inside the bracket and the pir screws to it.

I have emailed pyronix but no response.

Cam anyone suggest what to do?

'till the next question ...

I'm trying to use a bracket but im missing a key part of it.

I thought Adi was going to suggest that a ceiling mount was a **** way.

I certainly don't want to screw through the back of the DT straight into the wall.

There are ready made mounting holes on the pir for corner or straight wall placement. It's not often that a bracket is needed except in certain circumstances. Can you mount it in the corner of a room or flat wall ? Remember to seal any other holes to prevent dust and insect ingress. Usually, the pcb needs to be removed for mounting in this way (don't lose the pcb screw)..but not always...depends on the pir.

Always the sign of a rush job isn't it, bracketed PIRs sat in the middle of the ceiling.

Used my 2nd one ever last month, moving an existing IR120.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Ok.

I just followed the mounting instructions. It doesn't mention going through the back as a possibility. I thought I was doing it the right way.

I will drill some more holes tomorrow!!

Ok.

I just followed the mounting instructions. It doesn't mention going through the back as a possibility. I thought I was doing it the right way.

I will drill some more holes tomorrow!!

?? Box 3 in the instructions it shows you where to make the mounting holes

Must have glossed over that one.

I didn't fit them in the old place. They've been stored on the brackets. I've just assumed that they need brackets, either wall or ceiling as that's what's in the box.

Live and learn!

• 2 years later...

I actually have a box full of these brackets if still required. I did have to use one, where the room had a blind which was full width of dormer, and was mounted from the ceiling, so had to mount PIR in front of blind as there wasn't a corner to mount to

Hi, welcome to TSI.

This topic is 2 years old, and Dave has not logged in for over a year; so it's unlikely he will need any brackets!

Why not introduce yourself and tell us about what you do here - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/forum/14-introduce-yourself/

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands