Security Installer Community

Handed In Notice

Handed in notice I'm in the trade on the tools, Employer won't let me finish my notice period doing my usual role as engineer as employer cant trust me, I have been asked to serve my notice doing other duties in the office / stores not sure if this is right or wrong would like others input please

As above, I have been walked out the door before on handing the letter over, nothing I've done just pure paranoia (I was part of a project

to return the company's products to the UK market).

As an aside, since their products are rather publically displayed, especially where I live now, they have pretty much failed as I suspected...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It's so hard I want to fulfil my notice as a engineer understand they can't trust me I'm not moving to any local co's so no risk to

The company yet they want me to come to the office and be a skivvy sorting out the stores for the next week, one thing in my mind if I'm deemed a risk why they allowing me in the office where there's sensitive information idk crazy world we live in

Oh if I don't go in will instantly dismiss me without pay

Your duties will be outlined in your contract of employment and provided what they ask you to do falls within that scope it is there prerogative.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

My duties are outlined as a security systems engineer what I'm being asked to does not fall within my contracted scope of work

So upsetting I've been with them 8 years and it comes to this

I'm not saying I mind doing what they ask it's only that the only reason they want this is they can't trust me I've suggested gardening leave but won't entertain it so sad all I wabtvto do is change job and get treated like this