Security Installer Community

Webway Nano Launch At Ifsec 2015 (Stand G1430)

post-7774-0-29041700-1434035216_thumb.pn

When we create products we have innovation, engineering and the future at the heart of our thinking. 

Our WebWay Pro and Mini range of signalling devices are designed for the Enterprise and Business markets so we're excited to announce the launch of WebWay Nano, our wire free signalling device for UDL and alarm signalling for home and low risk solutions.

Nano is engineered for engineers. Easy to install, reliable, powerful and future proofed. Available from www.webwayworld.com in July 2015.

Pocket Rocket

When installing a third party signalling device in a Grade 2 intruder or fire panel, size is everything. WebWay Nano is just W72 x L113 x H16 (including plastic mounting base) draws 55mA and requires only a three wire connection to leading alarm panels for UDL and SIA.

Great service

WebWay Nano can be purchased on line at www.webwayworld.com in July. Priced inclusive of 12, 24 or 36 months WebWay World platform access, Grade 2 polling, UDL and extended hardware warranty. Contact your ARC for a Site ID and activate alarm signalling any time.

Great connections 

Serial buses

We've got great connections with all the leading alarm panel manufacturers. We've integrated the Contact ID, SIA, UDL and ARM protocols of Castle CareTech, Cooper, DSC, Gaurdhall, HKC, Honeywell, Menvier, Pyronix, Risco and Texecom. Nano has individual RS232, RS485 and TTL connections on board. 3 wires and no need for additional comms modules and you have a high speed, radio only secure signalling system.

Extendable inputs and outputs

Every Nano has 8 inputs and 2 outputs which can operate in parallel with the serial bus connection. Using WebWay Remote Pins you can add another 32 channels and 12 outputs for fridges, fire and more.

3G & Roaming eSIM

First time installation, secure, fast and reliable communications are at the heart of the Nano. The Nano has an eSIM built directly into the PCB design. eSIM is a SIM within a microchip, which improves manufacturing, streamlines administration and adds security to the solution. WebWay eSIM is registered to all 3G, EDGE and GPRS networks and selects the best available service automatically.

And finally ...

Every WebWay Nano is ready for the future. Not only does the Nano have the same fast processor and large memory as our Pro and Mini platforms, Nano can also be upgraded to Wi-Fi/3G dual path signalling. 

In the second half of 2015 we'll release a Wi-FI module for Pro, Mini and Nano devices. Configurable via WebWay World, plug on or extendable antenna options.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't wait give this a whirl, I have high expectations of it

I had a good conversation with Paul a few weeks ago about it.

Let's see how it goes, hopefully it will do what we need it to do.

I really hope this works with Tex Premier and their remote service software (Maintex)

The Smart units won't work unless there is a IP Path present, they fail over 3G

Not sure where the issue lies, Texe software limitations or WebWay service?

I look forward to testing it at our workshop soon.

So targeted at 'UDL only' users as much as actual monitoring? I'd have to say this could be a step in the right direction - sadly, in a way, for domestic.

Where they won't pay for monitoring but you don't want to have to call round when they decide the entry timer isn't long enough etc...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Not just for UDL, it's a 3G only unit out of the box.

Suitable for domestic and low risk installations.

Can be used just for UDL if required, as I'm informed, with virtually no annual recurring costs

Not in the sense there is no dial capture, and no way to add by the seems of it, unlike other models.

I know Jim said the cost of such ICs, now becoming outdated, forced it to be an optional extra at the time on the main range,

but assume CSL must be picking them up relatively cheap.

I grant you Dial Capture is rather outdated but would have been nice for those with existing estates that don't support direct serial connections.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I fully agree with you on the dial capture,

That's the good advantage of the Digi-Air units

Don't get me wrong, the Digi-Air is a good unit

But for direct serial connections this suits better

Dial Capture...it may be worth reading the last blog I did on the subject (time I did another I guess). 

There is expansion capability on the Nano and we are looking at re-spinning the current Dial Capture module so we can use it with the Nano platform, which should not take long to complete.

The expansion is there for Wifi, as whilst the Nano in its current form is single path 3G, it will have dual path capability when the Wifi Module becomes available (Broadband with 3G backup). 

Whilst we expect a large number to be used in UDL only or Grade 2 type monitored systems there is no reason why it cannot be configured for the shorter reporting times of higher risk sites later.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk