ECS - CSCS Cards

Do you have a CSCS Card  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a CSCS Card

• Yes - Construction Skills Certification Scheme
    • Yes - Electrotechnical Certification Scheme
    • Thinking about applying for one
    • Waste of time having one

Sometimes some of your posts get maybe a bit mixed up due to loose translation maybe but then again Georg generally you dont half come up with some abosulte //.B.W.F.//! Are you sure your in Finland and not Farringdon?

27102[/snapback]

:lol:

Haven't yet find a place called Farringdon here :w00t: !!!

PLEASE forgive me if I misunderstand some parts. :unsure:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes some of your posts get maybe a bit mixed up due to loose translation maybe but then again Georg generally you dont half come up with some abosulte //.B.W.F.//! Are you sure your in Finland and not Farringdon?

27102[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: georg you def got that glayky mackem look....hendon id say..

Let me put it this way..

I have been warned about CSCS as they charge the construction industry huge levies!  The CSCS card is the beginning of incorporating the security industry into the construction industry, which is widely believed to be a very expensive and therefore bad idea imo!  In this day and age of reducing margins and increasing competitiveness etc can your company cope with a 5% levy on turnover?

Example

ABC Alarms employ 5 engineers, and have a turnover of 500k.  The profit is 100k.

A 5% levy would be 25k thats 25% of the profit made!

How far does 25k go? thats the same as a 5,000 pound payrise for each engineer!

or half a new Astravan each? 38 new Dewalt drills per engineer, per year!

Most companies I have worked for could/would not stand for that type of charge!!!

James

27094[/snapback]

If it is like this, CSCS has to remain BANNED until charges are reasonable...

27102[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: georg you def got that glayky mackem look....hendon id say..

27110[/snapback]

could i have that in english please...???

the security industry should be incorporated, then we could get some serious regs in place and get shot of the cowboys and get some decent pay for alarm engineers...

Archived