Security Installer Community

Access Timed Bgu Reset

gregob

Why would you want a bgu that resets after a set time,you couldnt possibly know if the original reason for breaking it was still there without physically checking it. If your checking it there is no reason not to reset it manually.

Timed reset on a bgu smacks of ducking responsibility, type of job not to get involved in.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

in the past to stop residents from doing this i have installed the screamer cases around the break glasses(the ones with the 9v battery so as soon as you start to open the lift it makes a horrendous noise! and if you have a second relay in the break glass i have also wired in a little 12v buzzer inside the break glass so if it is ever pressed every resident that walks past knows what it is. Give everyone a reset Key along with their door keys when they move in and they system then the system is looked after by the occupants on the whole. Just sell more reset keys to the building owner as required. If it is accidental pressing of the break glass though normally just a little plastic cover will do the trick.

I have lost count of the number of times Joe public has pushed a GBU by mistake!

We all think it's obvious that the GBU is for emergency use but experience tells us otherwise now.

Agree on the hinged plastic covers stopping most mistaken use of the GBU but only alarm them if there is continuing malicious use.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Have you trying a really BIG Push Button to exit sign, alternative, what about a PIR on Exit.

This bring me on to a (I think) funny and true story.

A thief attempted to access a factory late at night, he slipped in while someone was exiting. (Bad I know..)

But there was a second set of security doors, Believing he was trapped in the stairwell and in frustration, he starts kicking the doors and punching the windows in the doors.

On Drugs, the guy manages to punch out a foot square wire reinforced fire window, and cut an artery in the process.

A night worker passes by and see the broken window, looks through and sees the guy in a pool of blood in the stairs and calls 999.

The guy did live to be charged. He tried to claim he come in looking for the Toilet and become trapped.

Needless to say, he was known to police.

But only because he did was to high to realised he needed to "Push the button to Exit" or Break the GBU !!

post-69102-0-42238400-1441026405_thumb.j