Security Installer Community

This was my first time posting to this forum because I sought some assistance from what I thought was a group of professionals in a similar industry. The petulant and childish responses I have witnessed so far are to be honest disturbing! Is the security industry in the UK really that infantile? Is this the expected maturity of a life protection system engineer in your community? I shudder at the thought. I sought some 'expert' advice on my first installation when the manufacturer's technical support team was not available. Wonderful work by the Global Moderator I might add! Seems to me the UK market could do with some professionalism - might just make a trip over!

I think the general consensus is that someone with a system large enough to have 160 devices plus would have set out the original problem with a lot more detail and detailed the actions they had already taken to try and solve the problem.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Is the security industry in the UK really that infantile?

can be, check out my avatar ;)

often the embittered posters of TSI jump to conclusions...

An introduction post of- Hi I'm Brenda from ROI & normally work with HKC alarms, we have this Siemens 5320 with the message "out of bounds" what does this mean ect...

Would help the rabid loons who have spent too much time in cupboard with coloured wires to have proper social skills to be more helpful ;)

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

This was my first time posting to this forum because I sought some assistance from what I thought was a group of professionals in a similar industry. The petulant and childish responses I have witnessed so far are to be honest disturbing! Is the security industry in the UK really that infantile? Is this the expected maturity of a life protection system engineer in your community? I shudder at the thought. I sought some 'expert' advice on my first installation when the manufacturer's technical support team was not available. Wonderful work by the Global Moderator I might add! Seems to me the UK market could do with some professionalism - might just make a trip over!

What about the answers to questions to help you? or did you miss them?

I do think some people should stick to trade.

But this guy was trade, and should have come with a much better case.

Google is your friend.

Trade, really? I can see why he was arsey but I didn't realise. It was a genuine question I asked him but his reaction was off the scale.. I can't deal with that kind of person..